Microsoft Azure is in the cloud race to win it. Join us and make a difference to millions of people across the planet building one of the largest distributed systems on the planet: The Microsoft Cloud network. Our team is designing, building and operating the critical network infrastructure that our clients rely on every day. We invent, code, automate and run Microsoft's network, including the software at all layers from host to host, across the Microsoft cloud: software for distributed system command and control; software for planning, simulation, configuration, traffic engineering and management for high availability and consistent network performance; software for packet processing and for virtual and physical network programming.
* Hands-on experience with design and development of software for Linux platform.
* Experience with network telemetry, Syslog, SNMP, and Network Management Systems is a plus.
* Experience with Big Data , Machine Learning and other Data Mining techniques is a plus.
* Knowledge of networking and distributed systems is a plus.
* Passion for designing and building highly available distributed systems at scale.
* Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills.
* Ability to learn and grasps concepts quickly in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience with agile methodologies is a plus, a willingness to adopt them is required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. You will work with other developers, other teams in Azure, and top-notch researchers from Microsoft Research and academia to design, implement, and deploy network telemetry and analytics services that scale out and remove the limitations of existing solutions. You will participate in architecture and design, and ensure a timely creation of the components with high quality. The position involves internal and external collaborations.
* 2+ Years of design and development experience in C#/C/C++/Python/Go and systems programming.
* BS or MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.