What you'll be doing...
As our Principal Network Engineer you will oversee lifecycle aspects of a program providing contact center services to a major public sector client. The position is with an operations group that maintains the systems that are hosting the contact center services, and in addition to operations support activities, you will manage projects necessary to upgrade, enhance, refresh, or secure the underlying technology. You will work with the program solutions architect, program SMEs, and internal and external application support teams to develop a holistic, end-end understanding of the interconnected systems that comprise the contact center services that are provided to the client. This knowledge will be used to direct activities related to the isolation and restoration of service interruptions, for continual service improvement, and for knowledge transfer/training of fellow operations team members.
* Managing capacity and availability of the elements within the service environment.
* Managing or tracking internal projects to upgrade, enhance or refresh technology components.
* Ensuring systems compliance with government security requirements.
* Managing vendor contracts for application licensing and hardware/software maintenance.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in information systems or engineering.
* IP Telephony.
* Interactive Voice Response.
* Intelligent Call Routing.
* Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
* Aria CIMplicity.
* Genesys contact center solutions.
* Verint workforce optimization.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.