What you'll be doing...
You will assess, define and create/evolve Enterprise Architecture artifacts (L1 and L2 architectures). Partner with technology and business leaders from multiple Verizon teams (across the enterprise) in defining and evolving the next generation Enterprise Architecture. Ensure consistency and technical alignment across Verizon Business Groups.
* Develop and maintain key Enterprise Architecture deliverables for critical applications in the Verizon Business portfolio that impact Digital Customer portals, Customer Engagement, Pricing, Billing and Support.
* Develop Enterprise Architecture deliverables for key initiatives involving Integrating services via API and micro services, Identifying new tools and platforms for future use.
* Architect common business enablers such as Business Process Management tools, RPA based solutions, AI/ML solutions, Federated catalog, Unified customer profile solutions, Contract Digitization etc
* Responsible for overall VBG reference Architecture (specifically defining L1 and L2 reference architectures) used by VBG application teams. Responsible for creating solutions that are simple, scalable and sustainable and above all secure. VBG applications include B2B, Enterprise, Federal & Wholesale.
* Drive solution for VBG development through requirements gathering/analysis/discovery/implementation. Ability to work with and lead a small virtual team and work with a sense of urgency.
* Responsible for overall Architecture and evolution of VBG platforms. Candidate will research the exiting application footprint and recommend solutions to run application workloads with futuristic Architecture.
* Review highly complex application footprints across Digital, IOT, Billing etc and apply architectural solutions to solve critical business and integration problems. This will include detailed code reviews of existing functional flows and offer state of art solutions.
* Drive reference implementations (arch projects) independently (whether defining new /evolving architectures or supporting vendor product evaluations). Develop enterprise wide metrics and measurement strategies.
* Assist development teams with defining and implementing a transitional architecture (i.e. How they evolve where there are today to the Northstar).
* Coaching and mentoring of development teams, conducting brown-bags and implementing Proof of Concepts. Perform advisory role to senior leadership and influence key technology decisions.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in Computer Sciences withsix or more years of solid (full-stack) development experience building products or websites.
* Strong knowledge in Java, Python or C++ and other key web technologies and ability to assist with reference implementations (i.e. development), Ability to code and implement proof of conceptual in support of Architectural decisions.
* Strong knowledge of Enterprise Architecture functions and practice, which includes Target Architecture, Implementation and measurement. Preferably with EA certification like TOGAF etc.
* Application server experience with platforms such as Websphere, Weblogic, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss.
* Knowledge with a broad mix of technologies including a strong subset of: Microservices, AngularJS, React, Java, JSP, JBoss, MySQL, NoSQL (Cassandra), RabbitMQ, AWS Web Services, Apigee, AI/ML, Big Data concepts and a range of open source libraries. Also important to have familiarity with distributed architecture, SOA, and platform concepts.
* Ability to contribute to technical conversations, decisions, strategies, and review code.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.