What you'll be doing...
Our compute virtualization and storage infrastructure provides critical services to both internal and external customers. You'll oversee lifecycle aspects of multiple service environments, acting as the owner for those systems (which number in the thousands). You'll also understand and manage the interrelationships between the various products and the infrastructure systems. We take pride in our well-organized, well-documented, stable, and compliant infrastructure environments, and you'll get to play a key role.
* Maintaining capacity and availability for multiple service environments.
* Ensuring our compliance with all applicable regulations.
* Managing security/access control and licensing and overseeing vendors.
* Delegating work to senior and junior compute virtualization engineers and storage engineers.
What we're looking for...
You have the ability to successfully organize and direct the execution of major projects. You've got exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills, and you're a whiz when it comes to managing and planning operational budgets. You take real pride of ownership in the infrastructure environments you run.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with converged/integrated compute infrastructure systems, including requisite network knowledge. Specifically, Cisco UCS.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in information systems or engineering.
* Demonstrated capability to successfully create and manage programs for infrastructure lifecycle processes such as capacity, availability, configuration management, and access management.
* Thorough understanding of interdependencies and protocols across compute, network, and storage technologies.
* Experience with compute virtualization systems. Ideally, VMware or vSphere.
* Experience managing an environment(s) with thousands of hypervisor instances running on compute blade systems and hundreds of enterprise class storage arrays.
* Experience with enterprise class storage systems, storage networks, storage management systems, and replication technology with products from NetApp, EMC, HP 3Par, Cisco, or Brocade.
* Knowledge and experience with ITIL including practical application of ITIL processes. Ideally, with ITIL v3 Foundation Level certification or higher.
* Experience with OpenStack based cloud computing infrastructures.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.