The Principal Network Architect will be accountable for creating and leading the implementation of secure, segregated network solutions to support development, manufacturing, and automation environments. They will work closely with project teams to fully understand the business needs and security requirements, and to develop a network architecture that will meet those needs, while simultaneously leveraging existing components and capabilities within both SAS and the broader Global Business Services (GBS) IT organization. The Network Architect works to reduce the environment complexity through a consistent use of enterprise and business standards and works to reduce solution costs through the creation, documentation and use of common solution frameworks and components. Finally, the Network Architect will work with their counterparts in other businesses and at the enterprise to maximize system reuse across the company and provide transparency in business operations.
* Analyze business requirements to develop technical segregated network solutions
* Develop, communicate and drive adoption of IT Technology direction
* Create and maintain segregated network reference architectures
* Establish technology standards and roadmaps
* Evaluate emerging technologies, recommend insertion opportunities
* Ability to work independently and across the larger matrix in our business environment
* Provide consulting support to help technologists resolve issues
* Collaborate with other architects as well as lead engineers and support personnel as a team
* Participate in architectural forums with technical resources across all departments
* Perform Architectural assessments of solutions, and assess compliance with enterprise architectural direction and standards
* At least 8 years of experience in network engineering strategy, architecture, and design as applied to segregated network solutions
* Ability to inspire confidence in technical approaches with in-depth domain expertise and clear, persuasive communications. Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with others collaboratively and constructively
* In depth understanding of Purdue model for Industrial control systems
* Ability to develop strategy for segregated network architecture
* Minimum 8-10 years of experience working with Cisco, Forcepoint or other network vendors firewall technologies
* Exceptional documentation skills that can clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and network assessments
* Understanding of advanced networking technologies and solutions including IPV4, IPV6, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, OSPF, Firewall rule development, multicast, policy-based routing, Link Aggregation (LACP), vPC, QoS, traffic-shaping, load balancing, VPN tunnels, WAN Optimization, and network and data security
* Strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills
* Excellent presentation and communication skills regarding technical and non-technical concepts
* Must have the ability to obtain Secret clearance
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* ITIL knowledge/certification
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
* Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE) and Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP R&S) or Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE R&S) certification or equivalent CCDE knowledge
* Experience with Forcepoint NextGen Firewalls
* CISSP/ISSAP certification
* Bachelor's degree (BS) in STEM or related technical discipline and 8 years of relevant experience
* Master's degree (MS) in STEM or related technical discipline and 6 years of relevant experience
131206BR 131206 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.