Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation
A member of the team chartered with driving the cyber security hunt program within the firm. The candidate will be responsible for:
* Fulfilling technical responsibilities of the hunt team, including:
* Analysis of network data (e.g., packets, logs) and endpoint data (e.g., logs, malicious artifacts) in both structured and unstructured methods.
* Analysis of malware (executables, scripts, documents) to determine indicators of compromise, and create signatures for future detection of similar samples.
* Conducting Red Team-style exercises to simulate attacks and gauge responsiveness of processes and procedures.
* Creating a feedback loop with security control owners to help tune systems based on the results of investigations.
* Acting as a high tier escalation point for security incidents to provide technical expertise to the incident response process.
Principal Information Security Analyst->> Consults on a senior level and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure. Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms in diverse system environments. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies. Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation. Reviews and analyzes highly complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations. Defines, implements, and applies area-wide security and/or COB policies and standards by leveraging in-depth knowledge of globally accepted information security and/or COB principles. Addresses high risk security concerns or incidents. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
The ideal candidate will possess:
* Fundamental understanding of application protocols (HTTP, DNS, FTP, etc.) and networking protocols (TCP, UDP, ARP, ICMP, etc.), and be comfortable analyzing packet capture (pcap) files in tools such as Wireshark;
* Knowledge of operating system internals (virtual memory, paging, etc.) and techniques employed by malware to evade detection;
* Proficiency in a Linux command line environment (awk, sed, grep, etc.) or Windows equivalent (Powershell) to analyze log files and other data sources and summarize data and locate anomalies;
* Proficiency in a scripting language (perl, python, etc.) to automate common tasks;
* Experience using SIEM tools including Splunk
* Strong communication skills to translate complex technical concepts into plain English for consumption by non-technical audiences.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45183
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1910285
About Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (also known as BNY Mellon) is an investment company that provides investment management, investment services, and wealth management.
Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation