The Pershing Architecture group provides solutions and strategies in the information security space, in particular around Identity and Access Management (IAM). These are critical to the overall security of our front-end products.
This is a new position for the Tech Lead of IAM in Pershing. It is for a hands-on leader who can own IAM and drive strategies and implementation. The position would include the following responsibilities:
* Understand, strategize, and lead initiatives around IAM, authentication, authorization, and other related components.
* Understand the Pershing products and how these security components are critical to their success.
* Understand the complexities of our current security systems
* Identify gaps in existing solutions and provide solutions
* Stay current with industry trends in the IAM space
* Lead projects and meetings with product owners, technology owners, business leaders, and senior management
* Work closely with onshore and offshore teams
* Troubleshoot, debug, and fix application and database issues
* Propose innovative and creative technology solutions
* Manage critical support items to ensure prompt remediation of incidents
* Document solutions using modeling, collaboration, and presentation tools
* Provides analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the client area application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technology, tools, etc.
* Analyzes organizational needs for application development and interfaces with clients to ensure systems are developed that meet their business requirements.
* Oversees applications programming and analysis projects which include development, installation and maintenance of application programs.
* Leads analysis of organizational needs for development and implementation of applications. Interfaces regularly with clients and project managers to ensure that systems are developed to meet their business needs and specifications.
* Ensures the availability, integrity and stability of production systems by identifying appropriate resources to manage all systems and having a process in place to respond quickly to problems.
* Communicates and endorses strict adherence to development and quality standards and monitors adherence on an on-going basis.
* Communicates timely and accurate project-related information to relevant parties.
* Acts as an advocate for change management, encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
Qualifications Qualifications - External
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. 10 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industries is a plus.
* Strong knowledge of the software development cycle, is preferred
* Experience with authentication and authorization in distributed applications , is preferred
* Strong understanding of Identity and Access Management systems , is preferred
* Strong knowledge of Java and Oracle is preferred
* Mainframe knowledge is preferred
* Strong development experience with distributed and mainframe applications , is preferred
* Proven experience with data architecture modeling using UML tools , is preferred
* Strong verbal and writing skills with the ability to articulate complex technology items, is preferred
* Knowledge of containerized development with Docker or other products , is preferred
* Knowledge of CA Top Secret , is preferred
* Knowledge of Unix , is preferred
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Internal Jobcode: 45305
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Technology-HR06376
Requisition Number: 1903508
About Bny Mellon
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (also known as BNY Mellon) is an investment company that provides investment management, investment services, and wealth management.