Are you a seasoned, engineering leader who wants to work building a modern, big data and intelligence platform for one of Microsoft's largest and most recognizable consumer products : Outlook?
Come be part of the Microsoft Communications and Time Management Data Team. We operate one of the largest near-real time data pipelines in the world, that interfaces our executives, engineering and business teams to live data from hundreds of millions of Office users across the globe, who are communicating and connecting across a billion devices spanning PC, mac, mobile and web.
We are looking for someone who is technically excellent, seasoned people leader who loves to build teams, and is passionate about driving big data platforms and solutions that are impactful towards changing how businesses can optimize their offerings for customers around the world.
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field such as Statistics or Data Science
* 5+ years of technical leadership and people management,
* 10+ year of experience designing, developing and deploying production-quality software at scale
* Very strong programming skills in at least one high level language: Python, Java, C++, C#
* Experience building large real-time data pipelines and/or web services
* Experience working with Microsoft technologies COSMOS /Scope, Aria and Kusto is a plus
* Experience building data models and performing complex queries using SQL
* Strong analytical skills with an ability to break down complex cross functional technical problems
* Strong written and verbal communication and demonstrated ability to influence across organizational boundaries
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Engineering leader on our team, you'll be responsible for defining technical strategy, hiring and growing people and working with executives and partners to bring lean, agile yet robust solutions to life.
Specific areas we work on include :
* Authoring Big Data ETL pipelines,
* Automating sophisticated data science and machine learning algorithms
* Building live dashboards and reports for our leadership and product teams
* Analyzing user behavior, building segmentation models and predicting trends
* Defining privacy and security solutions for customer data
* Identifying pain points of our users and levers that will help us move the needle on the business
* Help set the strategy and roadmap of our data infrastructure
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.