Did you know that Microsoft delivers more than 200 online services to more than one billion individuals worldwide? The Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) team defines and develops the hardware that powers these services, and we're looking for passionate, high-energy individuals to come join us!
Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide by working closely with Microsoft product groups, industry partners and researchers to deliver server hardware that drives our cloud services at the lowest possible total cost of ownership (TCO). Learn more about our team and projects here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ecosystem-momentum-positions-microsoft-s-project-olympus-as-de-facto-open-compute-standard/
We currently seek a Hardware Development Program Manager; in this role you will support the development of the next generation of server hardware and peripherals that will power the Microsoft cloud.
For this role we seek an experienced industry professional who can accept product requirements, distilled from the needs of our internal partners, then coordinate the activities of engineering and validation teams to deliver hardware building blocks and finished solutions that meet those requirements. Example building blocks include server blades, storage systems and computing accelerators (based on GPU, FPGA or custom silicon technology). You will coordinate closely with Microsoft's online service suppliers, hardware, software and service engineers, data center and supply chain managers, server manufacturers, component suppliers and others.
* Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar field (or similar experience)
* 3 years or greater industry experience managing the development of electromechanical devices, from definition to delivery
* Direct experience developing products based on x86 architecture or (semi-) custom silicon
* Strong ability to work across multiple organizations
* Familiarity with the key elements of server and data center architecture
* Ability to take ownership, receiving guidance when appropriate, of assigned projects and be responsible for meeting development commitments
* Strong communication skills, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms
* Be able to plan work and work to your plan, adapting as necessary, in a rapidly evolving environment
Learn more about our team and projects here: Azure Hardware Infrastructure
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Partnering with engineering team members to gather and define design objectives and goals
* Partnering with sourcing team members to identify, evaluate and select suppliers
* Guiding the development of electronic or mechanical devices using one of the following development models: Contract Manufacturer (CM), Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) or Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM); we either "own", "jointly develop" or "buy" the solution
* Forecasting and managing budget allocations for your projects
* Defining schedules and driving the project to successful completion observing the schedules defined
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.