Req ID: 48120
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Cloud Solution Architect, with extensive enterprise IT experience to join the Cloud Engineering team to help drive cloud transformation. The objective of the role is to lead technical infrastructure solutioning in Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
* In this role, the Solution Architect will be responsible for designing, building and improving cloud environments on Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
* Coordinate adoption of technology standards related to runtime infrastructure
* Drive operational design for runtime, especially the integration of software with hardware infrastructure
* Formulate and drive best practices around runtime design
* Facilitate design reviews of all products and services to ensure they are operable
* Assist with strategic planning and road-mapping for hosting infrastructure
* Lead efforts to conduct risk management assessment early to predict and prevent runtime defects while also handling issue management for defects that were not predicted
* Leverage your technical experience to mentor and coach team members.
* Participate in cross-company technology initiatives
* Ensure new infrastructure products and updates meet requirements pre and post release.
* Liaison to internal customers for cloud capabilities.
* BS degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline
* Excellent verbal and written communicator
* 1+ years hands onexperience with cloud computing, Amazon AWS and Azure preferable
* Strong understanding and knowledge of Linux, Windows, Automation Tools (Chef or Puppet), AWS Services (EC2, Network, ELB, S3/EBS, etc.) or similar public cloud platform, and scripting languages (Ruby, Perl or other) is a must
* Strong Infrastructure Architecture background with experience with virtualization technologies
* Solid understanding of load balancing, Linux/UNIX-related network services, TCP/IP networking, CDNs, Squid, LDAP, NFS, DHCP, DNS, and SNMP
* Experience with at least one CI/CD or SDLC tool such as Jenkins, Circle CI, Concourse, etc.
* Knowledge of iterative software development fundamentals, including possibly experience with Scrum, Agile or other iterative approaches
* AWS Solution Architect Associate, AWS Developer Associate or Microsoft Azure Administrator certifications desirable
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at email@example.com.
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Job Segment: Cloud, Developer, Computer Science, Linux, Unix, Technology
Apply now "
Sabre is a technology company that provides global travel and tourism industry solutions.