At Microsoft, we're continuing to expand our efforts in artificial intelligence with a focus on building an Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge. The Artificial Intelligence and Research (AI+R) division is chartered with ensuring that Microsoft remains at the forefront of AI technologies. To help us, our Autonomous System team seeks a passionate Principal Artificial Intelligence Engineer with strong production coding and design experience, and broad knowledge of machine learning and AI to help design and implement a cutting-edge AI platform.
In the autonomous systems team, we are applying our best AI research and engineering capabilities to resolve challenging, real-world customer problems. While there has been a lot of progress in the areas of languages and perception in the field of artificial intelligence, we are only starting to scratch the surface in other areas like autonomous systems (drones, robots, etc.).
Our vision is to lead the autonomous systems tidal wave, empowering intelligence within drones, robots, industrial control systems, and more. Our cloud-based solution uses machine teaching and reinforcement learning techniques. If you are looking to join a team that is on the cutting edge of AI and in a quickly growing market segment with the potential to be the next billion dollar business, this may be the opportunity you're looking for.
As a member of our team you will work with a multidisciplinary group of people, including product managers and software developers, to advance a state-of-the-art AI platform that can be applied to domains like Robotics, Optimization, Control, Anomaly detection, NLP, and/or Machine Vision. We solve challenging
problems and are continuously leveraging and advancing the latest in AI research in deep learning and reinforcement learning. If an opportunity to drive development and research in this space sounds exciting to you, we'd love to receive your application!
* Masters degree and/or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or another related technical field
* 6+ years of software engineering experience
* 2+ years of AI/ML experience
* Knowledge of python
* Experience producing production code used by others
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* End-to-end hands-on ownership of machine learning features and various projects
* Quick Proof of Concept (POC) feature ownership around Deep Learning, mixed with traditional approaches. POCs typically result in rich experience for the organization and help us evaluate the feasibility of projects
* Algorithm development around some key research areas in machine learning. This requires constant paper reading, and staying ahead of the game by knowing what is and will be state of the art in this exciting field
* Working with other groups while maintaining clear differentiation and value in our specific offerings, and leading the path of value driven AI features that are innovative and deployable to real customers
* Leading cross-functional teams of software engineers and AI engineers
* Interest in learning the newest Reinforcement Learning techniques
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.