PMO Team Lead San Francisco, CA
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Business Strategy & Operations team sets and drives key business initiatives across the company. We complement and support product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams across three critical areas: corporate and business unit strategy, business planning and sales operations, and business systems and tools development.
The Global Business Operations PMO partners closely with Sales, Marketing, Comms, Business Development, Analytics and Product to drive key business initiatives, and change across the company. As a Program Lead on the team, you will report to the Head of Business Strategy. You will work closely with our cross-functional teams to develop operational plans and manage programs end to end to deliver results. In this role, your team will plan requirements identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders.
* This team lead is the first hire on the PMO function and will have the responsibility to recruit and build a high performing team of 2-3 program managers
* You will work closely with Dropbox's GBO leadership to successfully drive impactful programs e.g. product launches, acquisition integration
* Help prioritize projects with GBO Leadership based on impact, company objectives, and resources
* Oversee program management on multiple GBO verticals (Marketing, Sales, Customer Support and Business Operations), managing schedules and delivery progress across the portfolio of inbound and outbound projects
* Coordinate resources and interdependencies across multiple projects and teams
* Navigate partner teams impartially with competing needs, with good reasoning and creative solutions
* Mobilize and drive the team towards forward progress, action, and results
* You will grow the GBO program team and provide coaching, thought partnership, and mentorship to PMO team members, define team culture, and engagement models.
* Guide Program Managers to align with the vision, build and optimize systems, tools, and standards to improve workflow within the organization
* 10+ years of experience managing projects/programs and 3+ years of experience as a people manager
* Experience developing operational processes for a customer-facing organization
* Experience in Program Management, specifically interfacing with go-to-market teams and coordinating the implementation of technical and business solutions
* Excellent communication skills with an ability to work at all levels of the organization
* Self-starter with the ability to work independently, manage programs and projects, and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
* Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance; M.B.A. or other advanced technical degree preferred
Benefits and Perks
* 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
* 401k + company match
* Market competitive total compensation package
* Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Generous vacation policy
* 10 company paid holidays
* Volunteer time off
* Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud and client software.