Full Stack Software Engineer San Francisco, CA
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Dropbox is looking for Full Stack software engineers to come build the next generation of work collaboration tools. Full Stack engineers are capable of building an end-to-end product experience from database schema design to the appropriate frontend architecture in React. Along the way they are expected to fully represent the users needs through close partnership with product, design, and user research.
In this role you will deliver best-in-breed software by working closely with a broad set of multi-functional partners including design, product management, and quality assurance engineers. Marquee projects like Dropbox Paper, Document Previews, and Document Scanner. As a full stack engineer you are expected to be the glue between the backend, the frontend, product, and design while ensuring that the software we write is universally high quality. You are also expected to support your fellow engineers through mentorship, feedback, code reviews, and advancement of internal tools and processes.
* You will partner with product managers, designers, and analysts to deeply understand the needs of our users and build a product that serves those needs
* You will design and build software capable of reaching millions of daily users in Python and React
* You will ensure that our development environment is best in class by delivering improvements to internal tooling and direct partnership with our product platform teams
* You will work closely with customer support to respond quickly to issues for our users and solve those in a permanent and scaleable way
* You will articulate a technical vision for a more enlightened way of working and work with multi-functional partners to deliver that vision
* You will write modular, secure, and well-tested code
* You will improve the team and company - you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
* BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
* 3+ years of full stack software engineering and/or work related industry experience
* Previous success developing and shipping a large-scale web application with a user-empathetic mindset
Benefits and Perks
* 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
* 401k + company match
* Market competitive total compensation package
* Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Generous vacation policy
* 10 company paid holidays
* Volunteer time off
* Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud and client software.