Do you want to be part of a team driving improvements within the Microsoft Services organization resulting in better customer and employee experiences?
The PMO Business Program Manager is part of Delivery Excellence Services (DES) group in the Business Excellence and Operations (BEO) organization. This role is pivotal for executing on the delivery excellence strategy and for successfully enabling the field with delivery process and tool improvements. This role requires a collaborative business leader with strong project/program management experience, understanding of the consulting & support services delivery and project management disciplines, and the ability to successfully influence in a highly matrixed environment. Partnering with your peers (Methods Program Managers, Strategic Program Landing Leads and Tools Project Managers), representing cross-functional disciplines, the team will plan and deliver complex delivery management process and tool improvements, drive complex behavioral change by planning and executing change management strategies driving operational efficiencies, improving bottom line and assuring delivery quality leading to a stronger business portfolio and happy customers.
Microsoft Services' role is to Make the Market, Champion Consumption, and Support the Customer Lifecycle. To do so, our 17,000+ global team members inspire our customers, evolve what and how we sell integrated solutions, expand our modern support customer base, transform delivery across technology Domains as well as within the accounts where we deliver, and simplify operations.
Services continues to be the key differentiator in accelerating a customer's digital transformation ensuring they get the most out of their technology investments.
Key Success Criteria and Competencies required
* Demonstrated ability to manage a broad portfolio of diverse and cross-functional programs, projects and initiatives
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with technical and business leaders at all levels within large enterprises.
* Influencing stakeholders to achieve impact through collaboration, presence and strong communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* 6+ years of business program management experience in IT, operations or business
* Strategic thinking with the proven capability to contribute and execute a delivery strategy that resulted in quality delivery outcomes
* Experience with diverse services business (Consulting, Premier and Offshore) functions is a definite plus
* PMI® credentials in PMP®, CSM®/ PgMP® and knowledge of CMMi / ISO 9001 / TQM / Six Sigma processes is a plus
* Prosci®, or other Change Management qualification is a plus
* Bachelor's degree or higher qualification in computer science, operations, business administration, or equivalent years of experience
* A strong understanding of the Microsoft Services organization and operations at all levels
Location/Travel: You may be based in Issaquah, WA, or anywhere in United States. You can expect limited global travel, less than 10%.
Microsoft Services engages directly with customers around the world to deliver business value from the latest Microsoft technology. 17,000-strong, we bring together the best Microsoft innovation to empower companies on their digital journeys - from envisioning new possibilities to delivering and supporting the resulting solutions. Simply put, through professional services and support, we help customers and partners get the most out of their investment in our technology.
For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That's incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Plan and monitor Delivery Excellence Services Programs and Projects
* Monitoring of UserVoice and process intake into OWL (One Worklist and Landing System)
* Prioritization and Disposition of new projects in OWL with DES Leadership Team
* Govern project set up (Project Details, Schedule, Phase Management etc.) and ongoing maintenance during project lifecycle
* Collection of Status from Program/Project Owners
* Maintain and manage DES Programs and Projects Risks, Actions, Issues and Decisions (RAID) log
* Facilitate engineering sprint planning in collaboration with Methods Program Managers, Strategic Program Landing Leads and Tools Project Managers
* Facilitate daily standup/SCRUM meetings as required with DES Program Teams for enabling progress
* Help remove blockers by facilitating discussions as required with stakeholders
* Maintain, manage and communicate project scope and schedule changes
Communicate and Report on Delivery Excellence Services Programs and Projects
* Maintain and Report weekly on Project Status, Progress, Next Steps, Issues/Risks, and Management Ask
* Orchestrate and facilitate weekly DES Programs debrief for DES team - presented by Program/Project owners
* Manage and track DES Programs escalations from internal and external stakeholders
* Develop DES Programs Roadmap and Status communication packet for external stakeholder reporting
* Orchestrate and facilitate weekly operational decision making (concept and design approvals) and prioritization meeting with DES LT
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.