Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant's mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people's financial lives.
What you do at Avant:
* Work with other engineers to develop cutting edge tools used by internal and external business users and other engineers
* Code mostly in Ruby but also be responsible for everything from AWS infrastructure to database tooling to UI development. We want strong programmers, and our interview process is unbiased and language agnostic
* Take full ownership of your projects from start to finish, requirements gathering to monitoring in production
* We have a culture that treats engineers as both teachers and students, and encourage this by spreading knowledge through code-reviews, presenting Lunch-and-Learns, and designing new architectures together as a team
What you might own at Avant:
* Business process automation tools. Our business users also write code and we enable them to do so efficiently and safely.
* SDLC automation and CLI tools for engineers
* Internal portal applications that are used by engineers, internal business users, and employees of our bank partners
* Data security tools and processes (encryption standards, data anonymization, etc.)
Why you are a fit for Avant:
* You're a pragmatic generalist programmer who will not only help execute, but also will provide a strong voice for technological direction of systems at Avant
* You enjoy working close to the infrastructure and love variety
* You believe in following best practices and doing things the "right" way
* You're entrepreneurial, self-driven, and takes pride in improving our users' experiences
* You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding/testing best practices
* You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
* You like communicating directly with business units from all over the company to ensure you understand and can best handle the pain points and the wide range of stakeholders needs
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an online platform and a provider of credit alternatives to middle income consumers.