Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant's mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
What you do at Avant:
* Work with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy your code safely and automatically to production. We deploy multiple times a day
* Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, and testing
* Contribute to tooling as well as our technology architecture and direction
* We have a culture that treats engineers as both teachers and students, and encourage this by presenting weekly Lunch and Learns, hosting hackathons, and attending conferences
What you might own at Avant:
* Onboard several bank partners onto our white label lending platform by providing APIs and configurability
* Expand our unsecured installment loan product and launch a new credit card product
* Power our credit decisioning, credit pricing, fraud prevention, customer verification, and credit reports
* Accounting system, process ACH and credit card payments, and enable scale on our ability to collateralize and sell loans
* Create workflows and the backend that powers internal service tools and provide external visibility to our partners
* Improve the customer experience and automation on our web app and mobile app through self service
Why you are a fit for Avant:
* You're a pragmatic generalist programmer who will not only help execute, but also will provide a strong voice for technological direction of systems at Avant
* You are excited about refactoring and system design as we migrate to a service-based architecture and prepare for scaling and increasing data flow
* You're entrepreneurial, self-driven, and takes pride in improving our customers' experiences
* You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding/testing best practices
* You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
* You like communicating directly with business units from all over the company to ensure you understand and can best handle the pain points and the wide range of stakeholders needs
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an online platform and a provider of credit alternatives to middle income consumers.