Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant's mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Are you passionate about process improvement and automation? Are you excited about systems that manage complex data pipelines? The Campaign Execution team in the Data Engineering organization at Avant is looking for a Data Engineer to build out tools to execute, manage, automate, and monitor these data pipelines, as well as their interfaces with our production systems. Join us and contribute to systems and tools that deliver high-quality data and make a huge impact on our decision-making processes!
What you do at Avant:
* Develop, maintain, test, and document data transformation pipelines that power essential day-to-day business operations
* Review code and provide feedback to fellow data engineers
* Act as a liaison between the Data organization and stakeholders of our data pipelines
* Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, and testing
* Contribute to tooling as well as our technology architecture and direction
What you might own at Avant:
* Data pipelines that drive a variety of campaign-driven decision-making at Avant
* A software framework that enables the team to manage and execute on data pipelines at scale
* Software and infrastructure that sends data to Avant's production systems
* Interfaces between the Campaign Execution systems and our data warehouses
Why you are a fit for Avant:
* Have a bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, or other quantitative field
* Experience programming in Python, and have the ability and desire to become an excellent software engineer
* Experience using relational databases such as Oracle, PostgresSQL, SQL Server, Hive QL
* Understand how to use object-oriented and functional programming to write production-quality code
* Comfortable collaborating with both technical and non-technical colleagues
* Familiar with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
* Familiar with cloud compute and storage solutions such as AWS EC2, S3, and Batch
* Familiar with REST API's and development frameworks such as Rails or Django
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an online platform and a provider of credit alternatives to middle income consumers.