Education and Experience Requirements:
* Education equivalent to graduation from high school, or GED.
* Demonstrating strong communication skills and tact in providing superior service in a variety of settings and situations.
* Two or more years of industry related experience as a service specialist or driver, or the equivalent in related work experience.
* Must possess a valid driver's license. Must possess reliable transportation to travel between customer facilities.
* Demonstrates ability to work independently and with little supervision
* Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications including spreadsheets and work processing. May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, or basis of disability or any other federa
Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative.
At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, synergy, commitment, and partnership. We are committed to an environment where people can grow and develop and where innovative ideas and new approaches are valued.
This is a full-time position. While the work location varies upon coverage needs, it is a first shift, early morning position that may require overnight travel. The area serviced by this position includes:
University of Chicago, Mt.Sinai, St. Bernard, Provident, Northwestern, Shirley Ryan Ability, and Lurie Children's.
Additionally, facilities south to Holy Cross Hospital, north to Weiss Memorial and west to Rush Oak Park.
Under management direction, the On-Site Service Technician, Swing travels between customer facilities providing on-site placement and collection of Stericycle waste containers (based on the customer contract - Sharps, Rx, Haz, etc…) through a healthcare facility, as required or requested. Fills in for other Team Members that are on vacation, sick, leave, etc. Schedule varies based on coverage need.
Swing Service Technicians are an integral component of the Stericycle Sharps Management Service and will be rewarded for their hard work with an affordable, comprehensive and competitive benefits package designed to help team members and their families maintain a healthy life/work balance. We offer medical insurance within 60 days of hire, vision coverage, dental insurance, 401(k) Plan and Trust, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, tuition reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Your Protection, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Healthcare Flexible Spending Account, PTO/paid vacation time, paid holidays, personal days, sick days and paid funeral leave.
* Primary back up to service specialists. Travels between customer facilities providing on-site placement and collection of Stericycle waste containers (Sharps, Rx, Haz, etc) through a healthcare facility, as required or requested.
* Travels within assigned area to visit client sites and proactively resolve customer service questions, problems, and issues.
* Assist with installation of cabinets and brackets in new and existing healthcare facilities.
* Communicates duty status on a defined scheduled basis.
* Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Stericycle is a global provider of specialized medical and hazardous waste management and secure information services for healthcare organizations and commercial businesses.