MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Network Security Engineering Team is looking for:
1. Seasoned, technical VP-level candidate to be a member of the NJ Network Security Platform Architecture team
2. Responsible for the architecture, design, testing and certification of new products and sustained engineering of existing products that are critical to the firm's business.
3. Partner with the Network Software Engineering team to increase operating efficiencies by reducing manual tasks through automation.
4. Provide technical guidance to our clients regarding our platforms and offerings, including: Technology Risk, Site Reliability Engineering, and application developers.
5. Follows the industry for new trends and emerging technologies allowing for the constant evolution of our designs to stay ahead of new threats
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL• Support our clients as we expand into public cloud implementations.• Secure our perimeter and engineer new solutions to ensure the integrity of our network.SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR• Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions for the business• Strong oral and written communication skills• Strong client orientation and business interaction skills• Ability to author and maintain technical documentation• Bachelor's or a higher education degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar degreePreferred Qualifications• Team player, eager to work in a global organization• Energetic, self-motivated, and can independently manage multiple projects and stakeholders• 8-10 years' experience working in an enterprise network environment• Extensive experience with engineering and deployment of firewall, IDS/IPS, proxy and other network security platforms, including product testing and certification• Ability to troubleshoot application outages and performance issues• Basic understanding of routing and switching protocols and products• Understanding of DDOS protection mechanisms• Understanding of perimeter and DMZ environments and the interactions of their subcomponents• Scripting experience is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a multinational financial services firm providing securities, investment banking and management services.