MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs is responsible for delivering digital products to our institutional client base. We design and build highly scalable web + mobile platforms that provide access to Goldman Sachs content, portfolio analytics, risk, and execution services. These tools help to transform and simplify client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models for a leader in global financial markets. Marquee is a product driven team, composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, and engineers working to change the expectation of institutional finance.
As an engineer within Marquee, you will be working in a close knit team at the forefront of shaping our client's experience by creating new technology driven businesses to externalize our core analytics and data to both existing clients and entirely new markets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
* Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills.
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team.
* Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development and lead a team through the process
* Have led teams through end to end discovery, development and launch of multiple mobile products
* Deep familiarity with App and Play Store deployment/approval processes
EXPERT KNOWLEDGE IN ONE OF MORE OF
* Native iOS (Objective C, Swift) and/or Android programming languages
* A deep understanding of the relationship between native mobile and web based languages and how they can be leveraged to create a highly performant + scalable mobile app
* Ingesting multiple services in order to aggregate seamless and highly available performant feeds within an app that supports a publishing type paradigm (e.g any app that vends "news" type content)
* Programming in a complied language such as Java, or C# or interpreted such as Python and experience with concurrency and memory management.
* Agile (within Scrum or Kanban frameworks) applied to the SDLC to drive product development and the ability to lead a team of engineers in collaboration with Product, Design and the extended team of cross functional stakeholders through it
* NoSQL databases such as MongoDb and Elastic Search.
* Knowledge or interest in trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization
* Work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in technology and finance
* Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and math who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds
* Benefit from ongoing training, development, and mentoring to advance in your career
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a multinational financial services firm providing securities, investment banking and management services.