The Department of State, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) Telecommunications, Wireless, and Data (TWD) Division provides its users with mission critical domestic LAN/WAN data services across multiple locations in the DC Metro Area and remote locations. In support of these services, the Senior Data Network Engineer provides data engineering support, with a particular focus on project engineering initiatives.
Description of Duties:
* Promptly respond to engineering support requests from the Special Projects Engineering Manager, PMO project managers, and/or PMO Director.
* Demonstrate an ability to support and/or serve as the lead engineer on multiple, concurrent engineering projects.
* Supports change and configuration management for all voice and data assets.
* Troubleshoot, respond, and resolve escalated incidents/service requests and/or planned/unplanned outages.
* Conduct Route Cause Analysis (RCA) and After-action Review (AAR) following unplanned outages.
* Supports Move, Add, and Change requests for the data network to include day-to-day requests/orders and Projects.
* Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and/or other network problems, and replace defective components associated with both data and voice infrastructures.
* Interfaces with other IRM Support Teams on system/network infrastructure problems and advises management on technical improvements and/or solutions to identified problems and/or gaps.
* Identifies and recommends solutions, products and services to support the enterprise initiatives, business goals and/or technical needs.
* Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
* Contributes to systems infrastructure plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational direction, technical context and State Department enterprise needs.
* Contributes to the creation of new policies and procedures for Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and follows established SOPs and process guides.
The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of commitment to perform engineering support functions as scheduled, providing timely responses to required system support after normal business hours and on weekends. Additionally, the candidate should have an eye for detail, ability to multi-task, organize priorities, and work in a systematic style following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guides.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
Strong LAN/WAN/MAN with design and migration experience in a converged environment with a focus on WAN services (ISDN, Frame-Relay, Point-to-Point, DMVPN, METRO ETHERNET, VPLS, TLS, and MPLS).
* Works extensively with Cisco Layer 2 and Layer 3 solutions and products.
* Cisco CCNA Certification a minimum.
* Familiarity and working knowledge of telecommunication circuit types (e.g., P2P T1/T3, TDM, IP Ethernet)
* Understand and have the ability to implement Cisco router, switch, and ASA products.
* Skills troubleshooting access-lists, IPv4 and IPv6 issues across varying protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP and Static Routing.
* Working knowledge and understanding of implementing various routing protocols to include OSPF, BGP, EIGRP and Static Routes.
* Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills. From time to time, candidate may be asked to present project outline to customer.
* Ability to conduct research on networking products with various vendors to accommodate changing customer requirements.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment while being highly motivated to take the lead on projects.
Required Clearance: SECRET (S) clearance with the ability to obtain TS and/or TS/SCI.
* Cisco CCNP Certification (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
* State Department experience a plus.
* Avaya/Cisco Voice
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time; occasional after-hours support may be required for planned/unplanned events
U.S Citizenship Required
Travel Required: 25%
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Job ID 1929395 Date posted 06/11/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.