United States Cellular
Multi-Channel Ops Design & Integration Manager II - OPE000617
Responsible for project management, multi-channel operations, and providing leadership in enabling initiative delivery for the multi-channel sales and service organizations. Lead multi-channel project delivery, functional operations design, and change management services for Multi-Channel initiatives. Responsible for managing and coordinating a number of cross-departmental projects, both medium and large scale, based on various financial marks, project duration, and project team size. Accountable to both project and functional leadership (including MCSO and channel organizations).
* Staffed in project leadership roles -- including Track Lead, Project Manager, and Business Lead -- enabling initiative delivery across Enterprise, marketing, channel, or multi-channel portfolios; may serve in more junior-level roles based upon the needs of the business and to ensure optimal utilization of all resources.
* Ensures timely and accurate completion of assigned tasks and work-packages to meet both project and functional leadership expectations.
* Conducts and/or participates in managing project integration, scope, time, costs, and quality and communicates the status, risks, and issues associated with each to the correct level(s) within the project structure and the organization to ensure that the project's outcomes are achieved as defined, within budget and on time.
* Efficiently and effectively applies standard project management methodology, process, and deliverables -- as detailed in the Enterprise Project Delivery Framework, Supporting MCSO Framework, and other professional standards of delivery.
* Leads functional, cross-functional and consultant team members assigned during the duration of a project to ensure successful completion of project deliverables. Provides leadership, coaching, and guidance on a continuous basis to project team members in the areas of project lifecycle, operating procedures, processes, and practices.
* Manages project issues by ensuring visibility, identifying stakeholders, determining root cause, outlining solutions, driving to timely decision-making, and actively communicating.
* Creates risk management plan to identify, analyze, monitor and respond to risks associated with the project to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on budget.
* Prepares project deliverables: project charter, scope, work plan, requirements, impact assessments, implementation strategies, etc. Obtains appropriate level of approval for each document for projects and/or sub-teams assigned to ensure appropriate understanding of expectations among all involved organizational levels.
* Develops project cost estimates and budgets for assigned projects and initiates cost control measures to ensure project budgets are met. Partners effectively with finance and planning functions to build complete, accurate, and intuitive business cases. Maintains ownership and fluency around all quantitative analysis.
* Communicates project status to team, business owners, and Leaders as appropriate throughout the duration of the assignment and post implementation to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities related to the project.
* Occasionally assumes responsibility for procurement and vendor management related to the project to ensure proper selection, contract development, and contract administration for vendors used during the project.
* Leads project initiation activities and delivers phase gate requirements in preparation for prioritization, scheduling, and governance review.
* Maintains subject matter expertise in Multi-channel operations and strategy; applies functional expertise toward assessing impact, designing new capabilities, and leading change management across all Channels.
* Proactively communicates with stakeholders and constituents by ensuring high relevancy, emotional intelligence, and two-way feedback loops.
* Travel as required to perform project and/or company related tasks as directed.
THE PRECEDING JOB DESCRIPTION INDICATES THE GENERAL NATURE AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK PERFORMED. IT DOES NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO DO THIS JOB.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Seven or more years of progressively responsible professional experience, coupled with two or more years of formal project management experience.
* Strong project planning and management skills paired with the ability to break down complex problems into manageable goals.
* Demonstrated skill in producing high-quality and tailored deliverables to enable stakeholder communication and decision support.
* Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skill used to build relationships and manage conflict -- within a project team, business unit, and cross-functionally.
* Ability to effectively communicate with various levels in the organization including cross-functionally, with the frontline, and with Senior Leadership.
* Ability to foster an environment that motivates, inspires and respects others.
* Ability to drive results through accountability.
* Ability to build team cohesiveness in achieving results and promote a shared vision and customer focus.
* Ability to self-start, work independently, demonstrate versatility, and maintain personal resiliency in a dynamic environment.
* Experience with business case development, financial fluency, and interpreting imperfect data.
* Solid proficiency working with Microsoft Office suite and project management technologies.
* Intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn as it relates to emerging channel trends.
* Well-developed capacity for emotional intelligence.
* Demonstrated professional integrity.
* Ability to travel for business related engagements up to 10%.
* Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or equivalent certification preferred.
* Wireless industry and multi-channel business knowledge and experience preferred.
* Experience with collaboration software preferred.
Job : Operations
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
About United States Cellular
At U.S. Cellular, we're not just in the business of connecting calls, we're in the business of connecting people.
United States Cellular