United States Cellular
Emergency Support Specialist - CUS001242
The Emergency Support Specialist ensures compliance with legal subpoena requirements, handles calls from emergency services, and assists business customers with IOT outages. While this position is part of Customer Service, the position will provide these essential functions within the National Network Operations Center (NNOC) third shift environment.
* Process Exigent requests from law enforcement agencies (LEA's) that come in after normal business hours or on holidays and weekends.
* Review all subpoenas to ensure that they are legitimate and comply with all applicable State and Federal laws.
* Determine the appropriate course of action to provide the requested subscriber information, customer call history records, billing, and credit history information.
* Ensure that all valid requests from LEA's are processed as quickly as possible, and within the specified period, preventing the company from receiving legal penalties or fines.
* Log all pertinent data concerning each LEA request into the CALL DUMP data base and maintain files of each subpoena and court order received, including the data provided to the LEA's for possible use in subsequent court appearances.
* Coordinate closely with all internal and external groups which are required to support the Subpoena, Court Order and CALEA intercept functions (i.e., corporate and field network operations, Sales Operation, Engineering, etc.).
* Partner with the Subpoena team to keep current on changes in regulation or technology/systems.
* Creation of Change Request tickets which require data lookup and interpretation of high level impact based on telco/vendor emails.
* Answer inbound calls from customers to troubleshoot IOT problems and inbound calls pertaining to vendor sign in & out and process them utilizing NNOC tools.
* Management of tickets; including ticket follow-up and notation.
* Processes customer requests and solves problems, following the first call resolution philosophy.
* Responds to inbound customer inquiries in order to diagnose and resolve advanced cellular technical issues.
* Place outbound calls to gain status updates on established tickets and document accordingly.
* Performs troubleshooting and problem-solving in a variety of systems including the billing system, switches, SMSC/MMSC (text and picture messaging systems), SIM provisioning and AAA data server.
* Works with other U.S Cellular associates, departments (including Network Operations), and functions in a professional, courteous and collaborative fashion. This includes partnering regarding network and equipment developments and issues and interfacing effectively in regards to technical issues
* Accurately record data to assure that it is billed properly.
* Manage any special assignment or other tasks provided by leadership.
* Takes advantage of continuous learning opportunities, with emphasis on maintaining and growing technical knowledge and skills, and keeps current on projects, services and technology changes within the company and industry.
* Minimal local travel may be required to appear in local, State and Federal courts to provide expert witness testimony concerning the accuracy and validity of information provided to the LEA's.
* High school diploma.
* 2 years in a Customer Service role.
* Knowledge of Subpoenas, court orders, pen registers, and Title III wire taps.
* Good understanding of business operations, switch locations, phone features and services including IOT, basic network operations, and related terminology.
* Demonstrated proficiency in resolving technical issues in a call center.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must be very detail oriented with a strong focus on accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
* Must maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and personal integrity when dealing with confidential requests for customer information or when dealing with sensitive internal employee/contractor issues.
* Functional and working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and MS Office suite.
* Hourly position requiring shift work to support 7x24x365 operation - Role will be on 3rd shift 10:00 pm to 6:30 am. Flexibility in work schedule (hours and days) required - weekend and holiday hours will be required.
* This position requires data entry, high level investigation, data analysis and interpretation.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced and evolving environment.
* Ability to work as both a team player and individual contributor.
* 1 -2 years in a legal support role preferred
* Preferred skills in Remedy SMART BMC ticketing system
* Knowledge of the CALEA ACT of 1994 and knowledge of Federal and State laws
Job : Customer Service
Location(s) : Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
About United States Cellular
At U.S. Cellular, we're not just in the business of connecting calls, we're in the business of connecting people.
United States Cellular