This MTS (Member of Technical Staff) position is an individual contributor role with a career pathway capable up to a director level. The MTS in this role is a subject matter expert in System Reliability Engineering, with knowledge and expertise to improve and protect the software and systems behind critical business functions supporting T-Mobile's 4G and 5G network deployments (Supply Chain, Procurement, Site Planning and Development, . This includes the management of scalability, availability, latency, performance, security, and capacity, and delivering of software faster, better, and cheaper. From designing & maintaining CICD Pipelines to building the next generation of T-Mobile applications on cloud native platforms, this MTS will create and foster great customer experiences and product innovation by continuous improvement of operational support.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com▪ Master's/Advanced Degree required. In lieu of Master's degree, equivalent industry experience may be considered.
▪ 7-10 years relevant experience
▪ Experience in one or more of: C, C#, Java, Perl, Python, Go, or scripting experience in Shell and Perl.
▪ Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools, such as, Jenkins, Cloudbees, etc., and other automation tools.
▪ Experience with DevOps tools, such as, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc. Experience in Docker, Kubernetes, etc. is preferable.
▪ Experience in APM tool, like, AppDynamics, logging tool, like Splunk.
▪ Experience working in a cloud environment (public/private).
▪ Experience in migrating to cloud or cloud native environments experience is preferable.▪ Creates new designs, architectures, standards, repeatable processes and methods for delivering software, data, and analytics products faster, better, and cheaper, and managing operations better, resulting in increased customer experience by continuous improvement of the operations of the applications.
▪ Demonstrates fluency in emerging DevOps-centric automation tools and technologies for CICD, configuration management, etc. for non-prod environments.
▪ Performs environment management, automated server provisioning (VMs).
▪ Delivers software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of T-Mobile's services.
▪ Creates, manages, and uses dashboards for continuous monitoring and health check of applications, and the underlying infrastructure, improve the quality of services using the monitoring feedback for non-production environment.
▪ Contributes in future improvement of software delivery processes and operations, e.g., cloud enablement, use of microservices with containerization.
About T-Mobile US
T-Mobile is a global mobile telephone operator.