Manager, EIS IP SWAT
This position can be based in either Snoqualmie, WA or Frisco, TX.
This is a management position which provides leadership and direction to professional staff that are responsible for T-Mobile's network break/fix activities. The role requires scheduling of network maintenance activities, including coordination and communication with peer groups, risk assessment, 24/7 service restoration, and a focus on process improvement. The role requires a leader who will embrace challenges and drive solutions. The ideal candidate will be a leader with excellent communication skills, superb attention to detail, exceptional organizational abilities, and the ability to delegate and hold others responsible.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Qualifications
* 5+ years of technical engineering experience or experience working in a highly technical role.
* Strong demonstrated written and verbal, and presentation communication skills.
* Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
* Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills. The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
* Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs with a strong focus on service restoration.
* Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
* Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
* Motivational Support: The ability to enhance others' commitment to their work.
* Experience working in an IP/networking related position. An understanding of network topology and nomenclature.
* Experience working in a supervisory and/or people management role highly preferred.
* Experience managing employees in multiple locations.
* ITIL certification
* Understanding of change management processes, long term vision to drive evolution of same
* Demonstrable leadership & management skills, including strategic/tactical thinking, self-awareness, and empathy
* Mature interpersonal skills including active listening and ability to build consensus across teams
* Proficiency for organizational/team goal setting, KPI development, project management
* Understanding of T-Mobile's network architecture
* Bachelor's Degree. Computer Science or Engineering.
* In lieu of a degree, 10+ years experience related experience may be considered.
* BE EFFECTIVE: Exhibit accountability/responsibility by getting things done yourself and through others. Monitor progress and results; give feedback effectively and make tough decisions when appropriate.
* COMMUNICATE: Tailor the delivery of your message according to its audience. Check for understanding and clarify expectations on a regular basis.
* INSPIRATIONAL LEADERSHIP: Fosters a culture of accomplishment and excellence. Demonstrates integrity. Delivers feedback and develops team members and managers. Inspires employees to achieve business results. Uses leadership experiences to guide direct reports and team members. Have awareness of each person's career goals; hold development discussions; and provide challenging tasks and assignments to promote development.
* RELATIONSHIP BUILDING: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build relationships and inclusive environments within one's team and across other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals. Leverages the capabilities, insights, and ideas of others. Demonstrates trust.
* STRATEGIC THINKING: Translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action. Measures deliverables to determine success of goals, gain input from stakeholders, and adapting action plan as necessary
* MOTIVATING OTHERS: Creating a trusting team environment where all team members are engaged, strive to do their best and deliver results
* DELEGATING: Broadly sharing responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions. Let direct reports finish their own work.
* Other duties and projects as assigned by business management
About T-Mobile US
T-Mobile is a global mobile telephone operator.