At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Uber ATG's Autonomy Capabilities Team is aimed at tackling longer-term autonomy challenges that may require sweeping changes across the autonomy stack, e.g., autonomously navigating complex construction sites. To address these problems holistically, the team is made up of members representing all major autonomy groups, including motion planning, perception, prediction, localization, and control. For this role, we are looking for someone with strong technical vision, who can lead our motion planning efforts as we develop the next generation of architectures and algorithms for self driving. Are you interested?
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do
* Lead the design of the next-generation motion planning architectures and algorithms
* Lead the development of high-quality algorithms and software that scale to safety-critical environments
* Define a vision and roadmap for a team working across multiple stakeholders
* Collaborate effectively and build relationships with partners in Pittsburgh, Toronto, Boulder, and San Francisco.
What You'll Need:
* Prior experience leading a team of roboticists, computer scientists and software engineers, including planning work, setting milestones and project execution.
* People management experience building teams, nurturing careers, mentoring, managing under- and over-performers, and influencing cross-functional teams
* Excellent programming and algorithmic skills (we use Python and C++)
* Deep knowledge of algorithms and architectures for modern motion planning
* Demonstrated ability to lead high-function technical teams
* (Bonus) Experience applying research techniques to large-scale engineering challenges
* (Bonus) Experience writing high-quality software in industry or on large collaborative projects
* (Bonus) 4+ years of experience in motion planning, robotics, or related fields
* (Bonus) Graduate program in a related area
About the Team:
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.