At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Do you specialize in computer vision, sensor processing or perception systems development? Uber needs you to join our team, building the most advanced automotive technologies that we can dream up. We're tackling high precision mapping, automotive safety devices, and autonomy. Despite being a new division within the company, our team is made up of world-renowned researchers with decades of experience. This is your chance to develop ground breaking technology that will help change the future of transportation around the world.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Design, implement, test, and maintain perception software that runs on self-driving Uber vehicles
* Analyze large datasets and work with raw sensor data
* Collaborate cross-functionally with other engineering teams at Uber and communicate your work to colleagues and management
* Computer vision & software development
* Work with lidar sensor firmware and low level signal processing
* Perform Multi-Object Tracking & Multi-Sensor Fusion
* Sensor calibration & Perception algorithms (all types and flavors)
What You'll Need
* A PhD, MS, or BS in a robotics related discipline
* A strong quantitative background
* Excellent software development skills in one or more of C, C++, or Python
* Good presentation and communication skills
Bonus Points If
* Prior work in automotive applications
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
We are a group of diverse researchers, engineers, and computer scientists working to develop perception algorithms for self-driving vehicles. Reliability and scalability are key drivers for us as our software must perform across a large fleet of vehicles in large and diverse operating areas.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.