At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In the Safety and Insurance team, we strive to make safety at the heart of everything we do at Uber. As a Business Intelligence Analyst you will be driving analytical insights to power business decisions to reach this goal. You will work closely with our partners in product management, engineering, safety operations, and regional teams across the globe.
The ideal candidate for this role will have excellent analytical and time-management skills, with the ability to communicate and present information for stakeholders at all levels of the business. You should apply for this position if you possess a passion for improving techniques, processes, tracking, analytical insights and technology to achieve our bold goals. The ideal candidate should have a solid foundation in data analytical tools such as SQL, Python, and data visualization tools such as Tableau along with a solid statistics foundation. In addition, the candidate should have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills who can efficiently partner with various cross-functional teams to understand requirements, develop, test, and deploy quickly.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Support Uber's rapidly growing and unique safety and insurance operations
* Design and develop metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business and product decisions to improve performance and reduce costs.
* Combine knowledge of statistical methodology and analysis with programming skills to support complex analyses
* Design, build and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move complex data
* Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines
* Build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to your customers
* Collaborate with software engineers to implement the data architecture and design
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
* BA/BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Business or analytical field
* Minimum 2 years of Experience with Business Intelligence & Data Architecture
* Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports
* Experience using advanced SQL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, big data, complex datasets (Hadoop, Hive, Vertica, Presto)
* Experience identifying and communicating analytical outcomes in person and in writing to both business and technical teams
* Experience with statistical modeling and analyzing large data sets
* Strong experience creating and evolving dimensional data models; schema designs to improve the accessibility of data and provide intuitive analytics
* Experience handling structured and unstructured data from internal and third-party sources
* Strong verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
* Experience partnering with multiple teams in high visibility roles and owning end-to-end data solutions
* Highly detailed oriented
* Experience with ETL and business intelligence tools
* Familiarity with Kimball's data warehouse lifecycle
* Enthusiasm about Uber!
About the Team
The Safety and Insurance Team works toward continuously making Uber a safe choice by limiting incidents, and responding appropriately to the occurrence of rare events, ensuring current and future users see and trust our deep commitment to them.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.