Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you're watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today's forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We're changing how people move by mapping the world in real-time. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
We are looking for iOS engineers that are interested in building amazing iOS products for developers and consumers. Our mobile products are used by half a billion global users and are built on top of Mapbox's powerful mapping and location stack.
You can find our mobile products powering mapping and location features for Facebook, Snapchat, Strava, Instacart, Tinder, The Weather Channel and many more of your favorite apps.
What You'll Do
* You will have ownership of a primary work stream, which you will own end-to-end, but work in close collaboration with our other mobile engineers
* You will be expected to be a key contributor and thought leader in driving the architecture, code health and processes for building robust mobile products
* You will work closely with Product Managers, Designers and Sales to deeply understand customer needs and solve customer problems elegantly with the products you build
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
* Deep expertise in Swift and Objective-C
* Past experience with API design and development
* Can move quickly but built with the right intuition about when to be scrappy and when to slow down
* Significant contributions to open source projects
* Passion for geospatial, location-powered products
* Familiarity with C++ and Java
* Familiarity with Android development
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
* We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
* We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
* We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
* We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Mapbox is mapping platform for developers.