What you'll be doing...
As a Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) Engineer, you will keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. You would design and set up PoC, field trials, and write executive reports on results of the PoC and trials, and next steps. You are also part of the MEC team identifying opportunities, bringing in disruptive suppliers, and driving the progress of various initiatives that will impact how people access and receive data across the globe. You possess data center design, wireless 4G and 5G Technology and Core knowledge, and network design engineering background.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* 4G or 5G technology and Core work experience.
* Knowledge of millimeter regulations and standards (e.g.3GPP, ETSI/FCC, 802.11ad, WiHD).
* Knowledge of transceiver architectures or silicon technologies or advanced multi-antenna systems or analog/digital beam forming or MIMO or MU-MIMO.
* Knowledge of wireless technology landscape including experience with cellular wireless standards (GSM/EDGE, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, 5G).
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
* Wireless experience with strong technical skills and the demonstrated ability to work across disparate groups including sales, operations, product management, and engineering.
* Detailed knowledge of3GPP specifications and worldwide spectrum and telecommunications regulations.
* Experience working in both start-up and corporate environments, with international Telco's and carrier/agency certification, and a demonstrated ability to formulate data driven proposals.
* Experience/knowledge in data network elements including MME/SGW/PGW/PCRF, NGC and HSS/AAA across technologies such as 1xRTT, EV-DO, LTE, 5G
* Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible).
* Knowledge of ETSI MEC stack, Open Edge, Telecom infrastructure.
* Knowledge of CDN, Edge & Transparent Caching.
* Strong skills in developing forward-looking next gen network architecture and strategy.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.