What you'll be doing...
Verizon is looking to hire an experienced Product Development Engineer with thorough understanding of coding, testing, debugging, implementing, and supporting complex micro services applications.
* Participate in release discussions with development and vendor teams.
* Develop applications/scripts using golang, Java, Python.
* Working on automating the process of deployment and upgrading the micro-services application on cloud platforms.
* Performing successful root cause analysis for problems identified in newer versions of application during smoke testing and coordinate with vendors for resolution.
* Participate in the application of security patches and updates to firmware, operating systems.
* Strive for continuous improvements of our processes, application designs, and application execution.
* Develop, maintain, and execute automated and manual test scripts for validation, integration, regression, performance and usability testing.
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with Java, Spring, Struts, Golang, Python.
* Experience with RDMS and NoSQL like Mysql, MongoDB.
* Willingness to Travel.
Even better if you have:
* Experience with Linux OS (user level)
* Automation tools - Junit / TestNG frameworks.
* Experience with Docker and microservices architecture
* Experience with common version control software such as Git.
* Excellent and creative problem solver. You don't need to know everything but you need to know how to find the solution.
* Exposure to a private and public cloud like AWS, Azure
* Strong ability to collaborate and be a strong team member.
* Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.