What you'll be doing...
We are looking for a Product Life Cycle Engineer to join our team to aid in the effective monitoring and management of vendor supported hardware. In this role,you will become a subject-matter expert on large variety of IT technologies primarily but not limited to security technologies.Your main responsibility will be to gain expert knowledge in this large variety of solutions with a focus on security analytics. This includes providing technical leadership and architectural expertise in the planning, designing, and implementing of security device solutions such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, web application firewalls, load balancers, encryption, VPNs/PKI/IPSEC etc. Next to that it's important to provide pre- and post-sales support to clients and internal teams. You will primarily work in a lab environment governed by strict scheduling rules and compliance standards.
As the Product Life Cycle Engineer you will:
* Become a subject matter expert for various security technologies and vendors
* Interface directly with vendors and be a liasion or product and feature improvements
* Stand up instance of the technologies in various configurations
* Test and verify features and functionalities for various vendor products
* Validate and document base configuration, connection instructions for management, verify the backup and restoration processes, best practices for logging, etc.
* Track, analyze and announce vendor patches
* Support the NOC and SOC teams when needed and provide training recommendations for new products or version changes
* Provide evaluation expertize on new products and how they may benefit the existing environment
* Improve current product monitoring, intake and management functions as appropriate
* Identify stable code/version releases of products and communicating that to customers to have a strong stance against vulnerability while remaining functional and reliable.
* Perform management and maintenance equipment for the team and externally supported product demo teams
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
* Eligibility to obtain government clearance, depending on location.
* Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, routing) and various operating systems.
* Broad range of security analytics skills to effectively perform complex assignments; Knowledge with principles, theories, concepts and technologies surrounding firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc. as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices
* Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more of the following areas: Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Loglogic, McAfee, F5, Tipping Point, Checkpoint etc.
* Capability and willingness to acquire knowledge of a large variety of security and IT solutions.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Excellent documentation skills and willingness to write very detailed user instructions.
* Ability to work within the confines of defined projects frequently against deadlines.
* Ability to follow strict procedures.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Knowledge in Linux.
* CISSP certification.
* Experience in an Operations Center or System Administration.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.