Requisition ID: 220872
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
As the world's largest provider of enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries to run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Mission of Intelligent Asset Management (IAM) is to accelerate customer value and growth in strategic, core, and incubation industries like manufacturing, supply chain and the rising topic of Internet of Things (IoT) / Industry 4.0. Working closely with customers from various strategic industries, the team in Chicago is innovating on mobile solutions for on-premise, public and private cloud environments. To accomplish these objectives, it is instrumental to leverage user-centric design, design thinking principles, creating and extending new and existing working models.
We are looking for a highly-motivated mobile developer to join our Mobility team to build compelling mobile business applications for iOS and Android in close collaboration with customers and end-users. This challenging opportunity is perfect for junior developers with commitment, an open mind and willingness to join a "start-up" like development team.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* A Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or mathematics
* Solid background in computer software development fundamentals and technologies (algorithms and data structures, on-device memory management, user interface development, design patterns, data transfer protocols, multi-tier application architectures, etc.)
* Familiarity or prior experience in iOS or Android.
* Familiarity with HTML5, CSS, jQuery, XML, SOAP & REST, OData is a plus
* Familiarity with SQL and data modeling is a plus
* Strong focus on usability, user experience, quality, and performance
* Follow agile development principles like test-driven development and Scrum
* Open minded, curious, self-driven, results-oriented team player with an entrepreneurial spirit
* Fluent English language skills both in speaking and writing are a must
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
* Develop mission critical mobile applications on iOS and Android for phones and tablets.
* Create unit-test and automate test scripts for quality assuranc
* Work in a team environment with developers, QA, UX designer, product owner, and knowledge management
* Support the creation of documentation of new feature development
* Professionally communicate and support customers promptly on a need basis
* 0-3 years of software application development.
* Experience in agile work environments and Scrum driven projects.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.