Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Algorithmic Warfare team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Signal Image Processing Engineer 2 or 3 based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
* Design signal processing algorithms to extract signals from noisy data.
* Probe large quantities of sensor data to uncover, understand, and exploit complex phenomenology.
* Develop and apply artificial intelligence and machine learning approaches to accomplish mission objectives.
* Prototype algorithms in MATLAB, IDL, Python, C, and/or C .
* Measure algorithm performance as applied to a variety of sensor data.
* Collaborate with a software engineering team to facilitate algorithm implementation in real-time code.
* Present technical progress at technical review meetings, and documenting results via written reports.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
* Health Plan
* Savings Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
* This position may be filled at the higher level based on the following qualifications*
* Bachelor's Degree in Physics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Engineering, or a related technical discipline with 2 years of related technical experience, or 0 years with a Master's Degree.
* Bachelor's Degree in Physics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline with 5 years of related technical experience, or 3 years with a Master's Degree.
* Demonstrated success developing technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
* Must be a U.S. citizen and possess an active DoD Top Secret security clearance.
* Experience in any of the following areas is highly desired: data analysis, artificial intelligence/machine learning, signal processing techniques, statistical decision theory, and algorithm development, particularly as applied to complex sensor systems.
* Proficiency with scientific prototyping languages such as MATLAB, IDL, Python, and/or Mathematica.
* Familiarity with signal processing algorithm design and implementation in C and/or C , and real-time parallel processing.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.