The SAS Advanced Manufacturing, Modernization, and Technology (AMMT) team is seeking an enthusiastic, innovative team member to join the Automation Engineering team as an Advanced Digital Factory Developer.
This position will be responsible for leading projects, including project management of tasking, hours and funding. These projects involve configuring and programming automation and control systems, utilizing various third party APIs to create new device drivers, as well as learning, supporting and enhancing Raytheon's SCADA platform. Candidate will also be responsible for the creation of SAS factory automation software design, development, integration and deployment. Candidate will be responsible for specific project deliverables while working as part of an integrated development team, as well as the creation of a standard factory automation support structure across multiple geographic locations. Design and develop new features and functionality that keep the platform current. Team with IT and Operations to ensure success of Advanced Manufacturing Processes, including Cyber Security of these systems. Lead the development of improved user training and speed adoption of new tools on the factory floor.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in programming ability, be a self-starter, have an engineering mindset, the ability to provide troubleshooting support and enjoy mentoring less experienced engineers. They have expertise in automation integrations with robots, PLCs, various databases and digital systems, automated configuration management, IT security interaction, user interface displays, and SAP interaction. This position requires travel to various locations around the country and some off-hours work to support factory deployments.
* Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
* LabVIEW and Test Stand expertise
* 6 years of experience working with automation or IT and OT integration projects
* Familiarity with SAP and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
* Strong written and Verbal communication skills
* Proven work with Integration of Hardware and Software Systems
* Familiarity with Industry 4.0 / Smart Factory concepts, Digital Manufacturing Simulation
* Experience with cyber and/or cyber-physical systems security protocols
* Experience with PLCs, MTConnect, and/or Transactional Automation (use of API, XML)
* Familiarity with SCADA systems Deployment and Support
* Ability to obtain an SSBI clearance, or candidate holds active SSBI.
* Experience or education in systems engineering and application to automation systems.
* Experience in integrating multi-disciplined projects
* Database, Web server, Storage, Network, Active Directory
* Familiarity with ISA-95 and ISA-99 Architectures
* Integration with robotics and various forms of physical and digital automation
* BS in and Engineering field or the sciences (Computer Science, Math or Applied Physics or other applicable STEM field
* MS in and Engineering field or the sciences (Computer Science, Math or Applied Physics or other applicable STEM field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 134904BR 134904 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
CA - Goleta
FL - Largo
MS - Forest
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.