Raytheon IIS is seeking a VMware Administrator to support DOMino contract. The VMware Administrator will be supporting the development of system capabilities from the identification of requirements through the deployment of capabilities through the requirements definition, designs and develops system-oriented products and prepares related installation, testing, operation, and maintenance specifications and instructions. Defines and analyzes architecture to establish operating conditions, conducts tests, define and analyze engineering proposals and related technical data to determine feasibility of developing new capabilities and/or modifying existing capabilities. The candidate should be proficient with Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and practices, Change Management practices, and collaborates with various Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Project Teams, and Government entities.
Responsibilities also include:
* Participate in a rotating On Call coverage for after hours and weekends support.
* VMware administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and overall support of multiple VMware environments.
* Setup, install, configure, and triage ESXi Hosts (Rack Mount and Blade Servers).
* Maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots.
* Meet compliance for Information Security Vulnerability Management (ISVMs) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alert (ICVAs).
* Perform Systems Lifecycle management for all equipment, including planning, implementation, maintenance, upgrades, consolidation, and decommissioning of enterprise hardware, and software.
* Detects, isolates, documents, reports, and resolves system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restore the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system.
* Performs system monitoring, analyzing, documenting performance, and conducting trend analysis as required.
* Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture and meets customer needs.
* Develop technical documentation, including SOPs, user guides, test plans, disaster recovery, failover, and other CDRL items.
* Must have a current/active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility (SSBI within the last five years)
* Experience with rack/wiring diagrams, firmware, and driver management.
* Experience developing and maintaining Technical Documentation and instructions.
* Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
* Contribute to completion of project milestones under the specific guidance or program leadership
* Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment as needed.
* Experience with multi-site infrastructure deployments.
* Experience with NSX, vROPs, and SRM
* Strong knowledge of VMware to include vCenter, vSphere, and ESX 6.x, vCloud Suite
* Solid understanding of networking, VLAN, and VXLAN
* Ability to configure and integrate storage devices (SAN, NAS) supporting VMware infrastructure
* Knowledgeable and experience in application of STIGs to secure VMware services and applications
* Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: ACLs, ISVM, ICVA, STIGS, etc.
Desired Certification(s): VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math with 8 years of experience OR a Master's degree with 6 years of experience. Professional experience may be substituted for a degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
DOMino 138336BR 138336 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Arlington
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.