We are a young and fast-growing online marketing company, which provides website services to automotive dealerships across North America and Canada. We help our customers sell more cars and provide them with an amazingly remarkable experience. We have been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies six years in a row and counting. Technology is front and center in our company, but it's the people here who are the core of our business. We pride ourselves on making coming to work not only challenging, but also enjoyable.
The Development Manager will be required to demonstrate strong leadership skills in order to establish structure and improve efficiency within this expanding department. You will be responsible for managing a team of highly skilled Software Developers to make modifications to our web platform and develop new products. We are looking for a self-starter that is constantly searching for ways to improve the Department and the business as a whole. As a rapidly growing company, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate strong management capabilities and grow with us. This is a managerial role located at our Headquarters in Rockville, MD.
* Manage an agile web application development team through daily scrums and biweekly retrospectives.
* Leverage JIRA to create product backlogs, track sprints and user stories, and monitor team efficiency.
* Analyze and redesign client and internal workflows to minimize inefficiencies.
* Manage client expectations in daily interactions and weekly status meetings.
* Establish a structure that increases efficiency and promotes proactive modifications.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Bring new insights to the Development Department and find ways to implement them that improve the overall efficiency and technical offering of our product and our development process.
* Prepare reports for management regarding status of Department.
* Handle interviewing and hiring of new employee process within the department.
* Ensures an efficient training program is in place and that the training requirements have been completed by all team members.
* Handle employee's time cards' approvals.
* Bachelor's Degree in the field or in a related area (Computer Science).
* 2+ years of direct management experience of a team of at least 5 software professionals.
* 4+ years of software development experience, preferably on large-scale web projects.
* Solid understanding of SQL and relational database concepts.
* Deep understanding of software development methodologies and common design patterns.
* Ability to thrive in a fluid environment where priorities shift week-to week and in some cases day-to-day.
* Experience with JIRA or similar ticketing systems.
* Experience with road mapping and time management software.
* Background particularly in large web-based and service-oriented applications.
* Experience building software from the ground up and all phases of the SDLC successfully: based on client satisfaction and software performance, stability, scalability, and extensibility.
* Managing eco-system on microservices.
Perks and Benefits:
Aside from the awesome people you will get to interact with on a daily basis, we offer a number of benefits, including:
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Company matched 401K plan
* Paid time off
* On-site and off-site company events
* Casual Attire
* Fun workstations
* State of the art technology
* Free Parking
* Collaborative work environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DealerOn caters to the automotive industry providing Car Dealer Websites, Social Media Marketing, SEO, SEM and Internet Lead Management for auto dealerships.