We are a young and fast-growing online marketing company, which provides website services to automotive dealerships across North America and Canada. We help our customers sell more cars and provide them with an amazingly remarkable experience. We have been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies six years in a row and counting. Technology is front and center in our company, but it's the people here who are the core of our business. We pride ourselves on making coming to work not only challenging, but also enjoyable.
The Director of Software Development will lead an agile, fast-paced, and growing department. This individual will be responsible for managing a team of highly skilled developers, engineers, and architects. The Director will bring new insights to the team and find ways to implement them to improve the overall efficiency and technical offering of our product and development process. The Director is a self-starter that is constantly searching for ways to improve the department and the business. As a rapidly expanding company, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate strong management capabilities and grow with us.
* Participate in strategic decisions about technology, definition and implementation of the software products
* Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of a multi-team and cross functional organization
* Serve as the escalation point for complex situations between department and clients
* Collaborate with internal business stakeholders to strengthen the client relationship and ensure coordinated communication flow
* Work closely with DealerOn's Lead Principal Architect and managers to improve our platform and product offerings
* Manage an Agile web application development team through daily scrums and biweekly retrospectives
* Build, define, manage and report departmental performance metrics (KPI) for continuous improvement
* Responsible for interviewing, hiring, termination and training
* Mentor team members to promote engineering excellence
* Evaluate performance, including evaluations, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
* Utilize best practice engineering methods and provide expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives
* 8+ years of direct management experience overseeing a team of at least 10 software professionals
* 3+ years of software development experience
* Proficient understanding of software development methodologies and common design patterns
* Previous experience with an Agile development team
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
* Ability to thrive in a fluid environment
* Experience with Designing for performance, stability, scalability, and extensibility.
* Experience with JIRA or similar ticketing systems
* Strong understanding of SQL and relational database concepts
* Experience with road mapping and time management software
* Background in large web-based and service-oriented applications
* Experience building software from the ground up and all phases of the SDLC successfully
* Manage eco-system on microservices
* Experience with the following stack: Git, .Net Framework, .Net Core, Azure, Kubernetes
* Experience with Event Sourcing
Perks and Benefits:
Aside from the awesome people you will get to interact with on a daily basis, we offer a number of benefits, including:
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Company matched 401K plan
* Paid time off
* On-site and off-site company events
* Casual Attire
* Fun workstations
* State of the art technology
* Free Parking
* Expertise in work environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DealerOn caters to the automotive industry providing Car Dealer Websites, Social Media Marketing, SEO, SEM and Internet Lead Management for auto dealerships.