Alaska Air Group
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
We're creating an airline people love. It begins with each Alaska Airlines employee, bringing unique strengths and energy to our work in the air and on the ground. Every day, we go beyond what's expected and reach for the remarkable, together.
The Network Operations Manager leads a small team of engineers that play a critical role in sustainment of Alaska Airlines' and Horizon Air's enterprise network. This is a hands-on Manager with the ability to demonstrate expertise in the daily operation of an enterprise-class network, including network management and trouble resolution and configuration development and deployment. This role requires the application of interpersonal skills with the ability to foster and grow business relationships, and drive a customer-first focus.
Scope & Complexity
This leadership role manages network operations for Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air. The role requires a strong process awareness, with ability to help mature an organization through process development, and continuous improvement initiatives.
* Leads, manages, and develops a team of Network Operations Engineers in a fast-paced environment with responsibility for all operational support of the data and VoIP network capabilities
* Defines, documents, and communicates policies for daily network operations.
* Supports the development of the departmental strategic roadmap and works autonomously to deliver on the tactical roadmap for Network Operations.
* Manages full life cycle processes for network equipment, including OS patching and upgrades.
* Oversees the maintenance of network management systems and tools (e.g., Solarwinds, Forescout CounterAct, LiveAction, etc.).
* Creates recommended alert and response thresholds to drive proactive engagement of incidents.
* Provides direction and coaches team to ensure optimal network utilization, through performance data analysis and maintenance.
* Develops programs to measure and track to performance goals, including process performance (ticket handling) and network performance.
* Manages the installation and configuration of the various enterprise network, security and voice devices and collaborates with business partners on operationally critical applications.,
* Works directly with customers to resolve incidents.
* Coaches and contributes to the continuous process improvement life cycle that drives operational excellence.
* Participates in team after hours and on-call rotation as required.
Job-Specific Skills, Experience & Education
* A minimum of 5 of years of dedicated and progressive network engineering experience.
* A minimum of 5 years of supporting a large enterprise environment (multi-building campus, MAN/WAN, >5000 users).
* A minimum of 3 years of experience as a people manager.
* A minimum of 2 years of hands on experience managing Cisco NX-OS and/or Cisco ACIA
* Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in computer science or a related discipline.
* Ability to work within a highly critical data center environment with absolute adherence to change control process.
* Strong troubleshooting methodology and experience.
* Ability to develop work breakdown structures for project planning.
* Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification, with a strong understanding of all concepts within the scope of certification.
* Experience supporting enterprise firewall platforms, such Fortinet Fortigate or Cisco ASA.
* Deep knowledge of configuration and troubleshooting at all layers of the OSI stack and for all major network protocols, including Ethernet, IP, TCP, BGP, OSPF, and technologies such as SD-WAN.
* Experience with CUCM and associated technologies to support enterprise voice networks.
* Familiarity with ITIL process and procedures.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines participate in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA), where required.
Job ID 34810
Location Seattle, WA
FLSA Status Exempt
Full/Part Time Full-Time
About Alaska Air Group
Alaska Air Group is an airline holding company.