Alaska Air Group
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
We're creating an airline people love. It begins with each Alaska Airlines employee, bringing unique strengths and energy to our work in the air and on the ground. Every day, we go beyond what's expected and reach for the remarkable, together.
The General Manager of Network Planning and Strategy plays a critical role in defining our network strategy and developing our customer-facing schedule. This role is responsible for balancing the strategic priorities while ensuring tactical execution of network and fleet related projects designed to develop and maintain the network strategy and network planning process for Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, while balancing commercial and operational requirements.
Scope & Complexity
As a people leader, this role leads and establishes priorities for a team of analysts to successfully complete network projects with high quality results.
* Oversees commercial development of the Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air schedule. Monitors commercial performance and recommends and reports capacity and schedule changes to drive continuous improvement.
* Leads the network planning, network strategy, and future schedules teams and prioritizes project work against schedule development.
* Shapes the long-term network strategy and develops 3-year network plans that include accurate forecasts of operational and financial metrics such as revenue, costs, block hours, departures, RONs (Remain Overnights), etc. to aid operational groups in planning.
* Leads evaluation of big picture analyses such as large-scale network changes and M&A opportunities.
* Executes on the commercial strategy of Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air's fleet portfolio to ensure an optimal aircraft mix in the fleet.
* Executes on the Capacity Purchase Agreement (CPA) portfolio and develops and maintains relationships with CPA providers and monitors and reports on performance.
* Leads the evaluation of network fit and economics of current and potential Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air aircraft types.
* Partners with the Treasury department to ensure network fleet needs are met and develops long term aircraft
capital expense projections.
* Develops network planning and network strategy employees through effective performance management and ongoing feedback, focusing on fostering strategic and systems thinking. Develops talent and succession plans across the network planning and network strategy teams.
* Influences company culture through action, presence, and reinforcement of behaviors. Communicates network decisions and strategies directly to frontline employees through multiple communication channels.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
* A minimum of 7 years of commercial aviation experience or equivalent analytical knowledge.
* A minimum of 4 years of leadership experience, with a preference for leadership in a network or schedule planning environment.
* Bachelor's degree in aviation management, business, economics, statistics, mathematics or finance, or an additional two years of training/experience in lieu of this degree.
* Expertise in airline fundamentals and economics.
* Knowledge of modeling/forecasting methodology and systems.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint skills.
* Expert analytical skills and understanding of analytical processes.
* Knowledge of CPA contracts
* Ability to think strategically and see "the big picture" while understanding the details.
* Ability to operate as a self-starter to set priorities consistent with departmental goals and work independently.
* Strong communication and presentation skills, with ability to work & communicate to all levels of the
company including senior executives.
* MBA or applicable master's degree.
* Experience with Sabre Schedule Manager or other airline scheduling software.
* Experience with fleet allocation optimization software.
* Strategic scenario development and opportunity cost analysis experience preferred.
* Statistics and financial fundamentals knowledge preferred.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
START YOUR NEW JOURNEY NOW
Submit your application by 07/15/2019 11:59pm (Pacific Time). We'll be happy to see it.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines participate in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA), where required.
Job ID 34972
Location Seattle, WA
FLSA Status Exempt
Full/Part Time Full-Time
About Alaska Air Group
Alaska Air Group is an airline holding company.