Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
AM Derivatives - Software Engineer
Req #: 190020238
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. The Asset Management (AM) division, with over $1.8 trillion in Assets Under Management (AUM), offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. Its clients include institutions and retail investors in every major market throughout the world.
JPMorgan Asset Management is embarking on a major multi-year, ground up initiative to dramatically enhance our derivatives capabilities end-to-end. We will be leveraging the firm's Athena platform to handle rapidly increasing trade volumes, shorter time to market, and portfolio management requirements. This effort is of the highest strategic importance to the firm.
Athena is J.P. Morgan's cross-market risk management and trading system. It is currently used across the Corporate Investment Bank businesses, and is being rolled out more broadly in Asset Management. Athena is designed to pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
* Hands-on design and development of solutions ranging from implementation of quantitative models & analytics, to the build out of trade entry capabilities for front-office Portfolio Managers
* Integration of newly built software with existing internal platforms
* Participation in the full Software Delivery Lifecycle including coding, code reviews, testing, deployment, and support, in a DevOps environment
* Working directly with end users to understand requirements, roll out functionality, and collect feedback
* Coordinating, collaborating with, and influencing the activities of other teams contributing to the derivatives effort
* Participate in the user acceptance testing and training of new implementations (including the supervision and preparation of user documentation)
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, out team of 40,000 + technologist design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organizations that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tacking big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
* 7-10+ years of professional software development experience
* Object Oriented analysis and development
* Automated Unit Testing
Desirable Skills (in order of priority):
* Java, C++
* Familiarity with NoSQL/OO Databases
* Excel VBA
Desirable Business Knowledge:
* Fixed Income Derivatives
* Equity Derivatives
* Trade Lifecycle
* Attention to detail, high level of accuracy
* Good Communication skills
* Strong Analytical skills
* Problem solving
* Team player and leadership skills
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.