Senior Java Engineer - Machine Learning Platform
Req #: 190046454
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
As a Senior Software Engineering (Vice President), your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. Collaborating with our network of global technologists will enable you to deliver diverse and inclusive software solutions.
Develop and deploy technology solutions for Consumer and Community Banking technology and deliver software applications and products on various operating system environments. Develop web interfaces and GUI components using modern web technologies. Create design documents and project plans and provide weekly status reports. Participate in code development. Design and develop components for the CCB machine learning platform portal. Provide ongoing support and maintenance of the various components. Address risk related issues within the applications and infrastructure.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
* Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Extensive experience with Java / J2EE development
* Proficient in web development and web frameworks like ReactJS, Redux etc.
* Experience with spring framework, dependency injection, spring boot and spring cloud
* Good to have experience with Messaging/JMS (Knowledge of Kafka a plus)
* Experience with REST/SOAP Web Services
* Familiarity with Unix and scripting languages
* Experience with Apache Tomcat or Spring Tomcat Embedded Server
* Knowledge of GIT and BitBucket as the source code version control system.
* Good to have experience with Maven, ANT or similar deployment tools. Familiarity with JIRA or similar for test & requirements management
* Business Knowledge in finance is a big plus
* Strong Communication Skills (both written and oral)
* Knowledge of Python, Docker, Kubernetes and container technology is a plus
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
So if you're ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, apply today.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.