The Boston Beer Company
We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our next Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator in Boston, MA.
The Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator is responsible for the administration and maintenance of the Learning Management System (LMS) application and related processes for learning.
The LMS Administrator will have responsibility for the loading and implementation of curriculum, eLearning, and class sessions in the system, ensuring smooth access and searchability for co workers. The Administrator will develop documentation to support the management, use and training of the LMS system.
This position serves as a technical point-of contact for the LMS application and functional area, and coordinates with stakeholders to ensure data integrity, diagnosing and resolving LMS issues, identifying and leading process improvement opportunities, data reporting and analytics, support vendor upgrades, and enable integration with other platforms and applications. The Administrator is actively involved in ensuring consistent and standard practice for use of the LMS.
What You'll Do:
* Administer the day to day operations of the LMS
* Consults with organization on best approaches for leveraging LMS technology for a variety of needs, including
* Compliance tracking
* Content development
* New employee onboarding
* Coursework distribution
* Digitization of forms and documents
* Continually look for ways to improve the user experience, independently implementing minor improvements, submitting proposals to management on major improvements
* Effectively communicate and interact with all levels of co workers including high level management to provide user support and recommendations for improvements to the usability of the LMS
* Ability to understand the needs and direction of the organization and make substantive recommendations for improvements as it relates to the LMS System
* Manage and prioritize multiple tasks, meeting business needs on a timely basis
* Be the conduit between the software manufacturer and the organization, staying abreast of all enhancements, changes, and options, and can give clear guidance to management as to action that should or should not be taken
* Stays apprised of best-in-class learning technologies as they apply to solving business challenges and making employee development seamless and engaging
* Coordinate with management on priorities as relevant
* Maintains procedures and policies to ensure the security and integrity of system.
* Create, manage, and enforce the LMS standards, policies, and procedures to ensure the integrity of the data
* Creates and updates resources to train and support learners on how to use the technology for online and professional development.
* Drafts and sends communications with each offering
* Other duties as assigned
* Provide user support
* Effectively present information and respond to questions from operations, co-workers, as well as management
* Creates user logins as needed and assigns user permissions.
* Creates and manages user structures including the creation of user groups.
* Manages interfaces from Oracle core system and vendors.
* Manages course enrollment including progress tracking.
* Manages the Boston Beer Company's Training inbox and responds in a timely manage to help users resolve issues.
* Publishes and archives online and blended learning solutions.
* Works with Training owners to manage the course asset library.
* Creates and assigns learning plans for online, blended, and instructor led training.
* Creates and manages the overall course structure and sets up course programs based on specifications.
* Manages tracking of course revisions and history.
* Builds online assessments and evaluations in LMS for courses, sets up classroom session offerings, etc.
* Manages relationship with third party vendors.
* Provides troubleshooting assistance for users regarding logging in to the LMS and accessing courses.
* Troubleshoots and resolves issues relating to system functionality and software systems.
* Serves as point of escalation for support issues, which may include interaction with LMS vendor and other vendor support services.
* Reviews and monitors system performance.
* Works with others to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to accessing the LMS and course content.
* Generates standard and custom reports based on business needs and legal requirements.
* Runs customized reports on an as needed basis
* Summarizes reporting based on action required; makes recommendations for follow up
* Design and maintain project plans for tasked projects
* Plan meeting agendas
* Communicate updates
* Knowledgeable about instructional design, specifically for eLearnings
* Awareness of adult learning principles
What We're Looking For:
* Bachelor's degree
* Minimum 2 years of related experience required as an LMS administrator or in similar position (Oracle/Taleo experience strongly preferred)
* Coursework and/or certifications relating to learning management system administration preferred
* Familiarity with course design and development, learning paths, curriculum development and web design
* Strong project and time management skills
* Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
* Proven problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
* Ability to exemplify creativity and a positive, solution-focused and professional attitude.
* Experience in process analysis and continuous improvement methodology
* Ability to work with all levels of management in multi-functional departments, as well as vendors
* Strong influencing skills
* Ability to learn and take ownership of new technologies quickly
* Customer service skills, responsive attitude
* Strong attention to details
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate complex technical concepts in easy to understand terms.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Our people are our most important "ingredient." We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there's the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran's Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.
About The Boston Beer Company
The Boston Beer Company is a craft brewer producing and selling alcohol beverages.