The Boston Beer Company
We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our next Full Stack Developer. This position is located in Boston, MA. This person must be able to commute to our corporate location in Boston five days per week. This is not a remote position.
The Full Stack Developer is responsible for planning, architecting, designing, developing, implementing, maintaining, and enhancing Boston Beer Company's (BBC) software systems. This includes working with users to identify, evaluate, and implement solutions that leverage technology to meet the needs of the business, ensuring continuous systems operations, responding to user issues and requests and leveraging existing technology to meet additional business needs.
What You'll Do:
* Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment with business stakeholders, business process leads, other teams within IT, and other teams within Boston Beer
* Design, develop and implement Information Technology solutions to drive revenue, reduce costs, and enhance customer satisfaction in support of Boston Beer's goals
* Provide business application support to end-users by resolving problems, providing proactive systems maintenance, and training users
* Write requirements and proposals to assist users in the initiation and estimation of project costs
* Suggest and participate in IT projects, offering skills and insights, providing value to the organization by leveraging BBC's technology infrastructure
* Take a leadership role in defining solutions to business problems
* Mentor junior members of the department and assist them in their progression and development
* Act as backup to Systems Manager
* Adhere to IT department policies and procedures when performing tasks to ensure controls are in place and departmental goals are met
What We're Looking For:
* 3-5 years of experience in a hands on Developer role working across the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a closely related field, or the equivalent relevant experience
* 3 years of working knowledge in:
* SQL server 2012
* Java Script
* J Query
* Apple Development
Our people are our most important "ingredient." We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there's the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran's Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.
About The Boston Beer Company
The Boston Beer Company is a craft brewer producing and selling alcohol beverages.