What you'll be doing...
As a Learning and Development Project Consultant, you will explore what our people need to learn to be even better. You will oversee the critical players within Learning and Development and the business to ensure the desired business outcomes will be met.
* Manage relationships. Depending on the circumstances, you may be working with a stakeholder or with a person who reports to a stakeholder. The ability to work well with both roles is essential to good performance consulting.
* Be an active listener. Listen to learners and business partners. Listen for information and to develop a better understanding of needs. Listen both to what they're saying and how they're saying it. Ask follow-up questions.
* Plan, schedule and control activities to fulfill identified objectives applying technical skills, business acumen and adult learning theories to satisfy project requirements.
* Conduct periodic and post-project reviews to ensure project is on track.
This position can be located in any valid corporate Verizon location.
What we're looking for...
You can fluidly play the role of advisor, planner, and leader in working with internal and external clients to devise and implement solutions related to process or quality improvement. You are a valuable resource to stakeholders seeking to identify and correct inefficiencies in workflow and processes. You can handle complex initiatives tied to a specific business unit or for enterprise-wide projects and can work on multiple projects simultaneously with ease.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Knowledge in project management and or performance consulting.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Knowledge of adult learning principles and training approaches.
* Consulted with HR professionals and their business clients.
* Managed projects effectively balancing timeliness and quality.
* Ability to be an analytical, organized multitasker with business knowledge.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.