What you'll be doing...
We are looking to hire a Lead Voice Architect for the OMNI Voice channel team. You willhave multiple pivotal functions for the domain, across other OMNI Channels, on a Verizon Enterprise level as well as in the industry.
* Defining, enabling, operationalizing and optimizing advanced and consistent system application architecture standards across over 200 IVR applications, based on complex business requirements, industry best practices, risk assessment, data analysis and enterprise technology needs.
* Working with business stakeholders and GTS partners to define systems requirements and create optimized solutions.
* Leading architecture practice and standards across all initiatives and provide technical leadership to senior and junior staff members.
* Presenting at major technical conferences representing Verizon and Verizon Voice Technologies.
* Driving industry IVR standards by publishing whitepapers and studies on the evolution of Voice technologies.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Architecture experience.
* Experience in a telecom and telephony environment.
* Experience in the analysis, design, implementation and support of IVR applications.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience in Java, Public Cloud, Microservices, Google voice technologies, Oracle DB, PostGre DB.
* Experience in the area of analysis, design, implementation and support of IVR applications on Avaya/Periphonics MPS 1000 platform / Avaya OD.
* Experience in Avaya, OD, AWS EC2, RDS, Lambda, VPC and networking.
* Knowledge of Cisco voice transport components and integration point (Gateway, Gatekeeper, Call Control Servers, and ICM) pertaining to call center technology.
* Experience with knowledge of PLSQL, Shell Script and Web Development (JSP, and HTML).
* Experience with Java, PeriPro.
* Experience troubleshooting end to end IVR solutions for Over The Air (OTA) Activations for voice & data devices on a CDMA network.
* Experience with WebSphere/Tomcat/MQ/RMQ installation, configuration, cluster and cell setup, application deployment.
* Experience in the design and development of production reporting and monitoring systems (development in JSF, JSP, Core Java, PERL, Shell script, CGI, ELK stack).
* Experience with MS Excel for reporting and graphs.
* Experience with Nuance Recognizer, Text to Speech, application and platform management using both API and MRCP interfaces.
* IVR application development and fault analysis.
* Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
* Effective communication and management reporting skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.