Virgin Hyperloop One
We are seeking an experienced Test Engineering Lead to join our world-class Test Engineering team in making the hyperloop a reality. This individual will work closely in a fast-paced, agile environment during product development and V&V activities.
Test Engineering is responsible for developing, enforcing and implementing testing requirements and rigor as defined in cooperation with the Hyperloop One Safety/Certification team; design and implementation of testing equipment, instrumentation, facilities, procedures, processes, documentation including data management, safety protocols, prototype testing, life-cycle verification and oversight of all testing operations.
Let's build a better future together!
The Test Engineer will:
* Lead the design, development, and implementation of test solutions needed to advance the Hyperloop technologies
* Ensures design for testability during reviews and audits
* Support detailed test planning, including the requirements for engineering models, simulations, test beds, and special test equipment for all stakeholders involved with system testing
* Conduct peer reviews and provide technical leadership to test engineers
* Develop test plans & test procedures to meet testing needs
* Collaborate with internal and external customers to define requirements and specification for testing
* Manage highly integrated System Testing programs from test planning, test execution, to data reporting
* Responsibilities may include project management, including budgeting, scheduling, and communicating project information
* Aids with defining test and evaluation strategy and developing & implementing test processes and best practices
* Strong leadership skills; Comfortable taking on exciting challenges with minimal supervision
* Dynamic and creative: Thrives in a fast-paced environment where several interdependent technologies are being developed simultaneously. Welcomes the opportunity of generating ideas and performing analysis based on inputs and requirements that are subject to change
* Possesses strong interpersonal and technical communication skills
* Willing to be hands-on with laboratory equipment and enjoy working in a highly integrated software/hardware environment
* Team oriented: Comfortable and energized by working in a team with a wide variety of backgrounds and skillsets. You welcome constructive feedback and different perspectives
* Passionate about delivering the Hyperloop to the world
* Keen attention to detail
* Willing to travel as needed to support testing needs
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
* Experience working in a highly-integrated software/hardware environment
* B.S. in an Engineering discipline
* Experience in system testing on complex technologies in a lead role
* Capable of creating, managing, and executing effective test programs in a rapid development environment
* Experience in developing requirements-driven test plans and procedures
* Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues
* Solid understanding of test engineering principles
* M.S. or advanced degree in Engineering or equivalent field
* Experience testing and qualifying safety critical systems
* Experience managing large scale testing projects from inception through closure
* Experience with testing, qualification, or certification of rail systems
* Experienced with monitoring and managing budget/Cost Account Management
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the "Ban the Box" legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About Virgin Hyperloop One
Virgin Hyperloop One, formerly Hyperloop One, is a transport system company.
Virgin Hyperloop One