Virgin Hyperloop One
The Systems Engineer - Embedded will be part of the Product Development team. This team defines and develops the overall architecture of the Hyperloop Transport System. Ultimately, we will design reliable and scalable products that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The Systems Engineer - Embedded will be responsible for developing and defining system-level concepts that meet the mission needs of our customers. The selected candidate will work with all engineering disciplines, product management, project management, and business strategy teams needed to develop system requirements & architectures and establish system capabilities and operational concepts. Systems engineering activities include system architecture design, trade studies, specification development, requirements definition & allocation, performance analysis and simulation; system modeling and simulation tool development, and support to hardware and software design, manufacturing, integration, and test.
* Lead requirement gathering meetings with stakeholders
* Manage all levels of requirements development and verification
* Develop high-level requirements and their allocation to subsystems, hardware, and software configuration items
* Develop specifications, use cases, activity diagrams, functional flow, timing, and interfaces
* Use model-based systems engineering approach and tools to identify program requirements and relationships and manage the execution of the systems engineering process
* Work with Test Engineering managers to gather and document data requirements to support test objectives
* Ensure integration risks are effectively addressed in program risk management and system engineering processes
* Implement creative solutions to tough problems
* Strong engineering fundamentals and physics first principles
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required
* Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals using Excel/Powerpoint
* Highly self-motivated and directed
* Keen attention to detail
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
* BS Degree in Engineering, Mathematics or other applicable field
* Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace, automotive, or similar environment
* Experience in defining, developing, and maintaining functional and system requirements
* Experience in delivering a large and complex requirements specification from high-level business to low-level systems
* General programming knowledge
* Experience conducting trade studies
* Experience in integration & test
* Experience managing a project with limited amounts of supervision
* Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
* Experience with near-vacuum environments
* Experience with electrical harness design and requirements
* Experience maintaining Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
* Experience with Lifetime and reliability assessment
* Experience with failure mode analysis
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the "Ban the Box" legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About Virgin Hyperloop One
Virgin Hyperloop One, formerly Hyperloop One, is a transport system company.