Asana is seeking an experienced Lead Network Engineer to join our growing IT Team and oversee network operations at our offices globally. Based in our San Francisco office, you will be primarily responsible for the design and implementation of our corporate office data networks.
You are someone who asks questions, is confident in not knowing everything, and would rather collaborate with others than go it alone. You are crisp and detail oriented, but able to work outside of the boundaries when necessary. On top of your proven history of success, you have a passion for technology and, like us, you value hard work and fun in equal measure.
What you'll achieve
* Own and manage all aspects of Asana's corporate data networks from design to deployment
* Perform day to day support and administration including: installation, configuration, monitoring, documentation, and automation for all wired and wireless network infrastructure
* Train and mentor users on the IT support team
* Respond to all tactical support escalations
* Provide continuous review of internal IT network infrastructure and Propose and implement enhancements that will improve performance, reliability, and scalability of the network
* Provide training to IT Team to enhance networking skill-set.
* Support office expansion initiatives and travel as needed to global offices
* Manage relationships with ISPs/Data circuit providers
* Network hardware installation and maintenance, including lifting up to 50lbs to heights of up to 6ft.
* 7+ years of experience with the following
* Configuration, administration, and installation of routers, switches, firewalls, WAPs, UPS, PDUs, and other critical network infrastructure.
* Interior and exterior routing protocols, including but not limited to BGP, OSPF, EIGRP and static routing
* Designing and supporting highly available LAN, WAN, and corporate Internet Access
* Designing and building MDF/IDF infrastructure
* Experience with network hardware including but not limited to: Cisco, Meraki, Aruba, Juniper, Palo Alto, and other major Network vendors
* Advanced knowledge of networking terms, models, and protocols (including: OSI, TCP/IP, OSPF, VPN, IPv4 & IPv6, 802.1x, 802.1Q, Spanning-Tree, SSL, QoS, DNS, SSH, SMTP, SNMP, RADIUS, etc).
* Experience managing relationships with ISPs
* Implementing and tuning network security in a large, complex multi-site environment
* CCNP or equivalent level of experience
* Familiarity with common network & systems monitoring tools including: SCOM, MRTG, nagios, Splunk, Cacti, & Syslog.
* Comprehensive understanding of all layers of the OSI model
* Able to work both independently or collaboratively
* Excellent communication and documentation skills
* Experience with managing key vendor relationships for system and network technologies
* Scripting experience with Python, Perl, Powershell or equivalent
* Familiarity with authentication or access control systems and protocols: AD, LDAP, RADIUS, SAML, Kerberos, & PAM
* Understanding of best security practices
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, and Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Asana is a company developing online task management software solutions that allow teams to assign tasks and deadlines, and to track the progress of their projects.