We are looking for a data-driven analyst who is passionate about helping provide our business and finance teams with insights and metrics that enable us to make better decisions. You will develop a deep understanding of how our business operates, many of our most important business processes, including our monetization model, financial metrics reporting, sales playbook, and marketing automation. This is a highly visible analytical role that requires interaction and partnership with leaders across the businesses.
Our Business Technology team works closely with marketing, sales, customer success, finance and product teams; we enable systems, solutions and insights that helps grow our business at Asana and makes our employees more productive. You have a unique mix of technical skills and business-process expertise and can not only understand our business and what is most important, but can also proactively develop and maintain reports and analytics to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
* Partner with finance on Asana's Corporate Metrics Reporting strategy.
* Lead conversations with key stakeholders as a strategic partner to influence thought process on strategic initiatives.
* Identify gaps and inefficiencies in business process that compromise data integrity and drive system and process changes to correct them.
* Create effective data visualizations, reports, and analytical solutions that provide stakeholders access to critical metrics and insights
* Work with cross-functional teams to improve data quality and shared metrics on our platforms.
* Be an effective partner to our Finance, Accounting and Business teams.
* Assist with development, testing, and debugging of BI Solutions/application/systems.
* Work with data engineering and BI developers to support, monitor, document, and troubleshoot our BI environments.
* Proficiency in writing and optimizing SQL queries
* 5+ years' experience working in analytics or relevant field
* Significant experience with reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau, and Power BI.
* Knowledge of Data Warehousing, Data Marts and reporting objects such as facts, dimensions, relationships, hierarchies, and calculations
* Experience in finance business process and revenue reporting models for SaaS companies
* Strong experience in setting up a data and reporting environments based on regulatory and compliance requirements. For ex: GDPR, CCPA, SOX
* Exceptional ability to visually present and communicate data, analyses, and findings.
* Keen eye for details and aptitude for working with data
* You must be self-motivated and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
* Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. math, finance, computer science, engineering)
* Knowledge of Python and its data analysis libraries (e.g. Pandas)
* Knowledge of basic statistical methods
* Familiarity with ETL practices and tools
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, and Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Asana is a company developing online task management software solutions that allow teams to assign tasks and deadlines, and to track the progress of their projects.